Residence Life FAQ
1. What furnishings are provided?
Each student has:
- 1 twin bed (mattress and box spring)
- 1 desk
- 1 desk chair
- 1 dresser
- 1 armoire if there isn’t a closet in the room
*Everything that a student finds in the room must stay in the room. Furniture may not be moved from the room, as there is no available storage space.
2. May students have appliances?
The following appliances are permitted in our halls:
- Alarm clock
- Coffee maker (automatic)
- Desk lamp (non- halogen)
- Refrigerator (5.0 cu. ft. maximum)
Students are not permitted to bring the following:
- Crock Pots
- George Foreman
- Halogen lamps
- Heating coils
- Mini grills
- Toaster oven
3. Will students have internet usage in their rooms?
We have “a port to every pillow." Additional information will be given to the student when they arrive on campus.
4. Are phones available in each room?
Phones are not provided; one of the residents must bring a phone for the room. The students have unlimited local calling. In regards to long distance calls, students can use calling cards.
5. Who does the cleaning?
Housekeepers are employed by the University to clean the common spaces: hallways, bathrooms and lounges. Students should bring cleaning supplies if they have an apartment or a private bathroom.
6. Are there laundry machines available for student use?
Washers and dryers are located within the laundry rooms in the residence halls and they are free of charge.