Official Safety App
If you're in a dangerous situation, use the Wilkes Shield application to quickly and easily contact University safety forces.
Wilkes Shield also allows you to:
- send text messages, as well as photos and videos of crime tips and suspicious behavior directly to the University Police Department;
- use FriendWatch to allow your friends and family to track your location during that activity;
- access campus resources, such as the student handbook, shuttle services, and emergency procedures directly through the app;
- view a map that displays recent incidents and safe locations on and around campus.
- add an international phone number to the system.
Wilkes Shield is a free safety app that allows users to immediately report incidents on campus. Send texts, photos, video and precise location information to report incidents ranging from routine maintenance needs to suspicious activity and safety threats. Wilkes was one of the first schools in Pennsylvania to introduce the app.
Wilkes Shield connects you to public safety officers while automatically providing your campus location. The University Police Department receives messages in real time and can respond via a live chat feature. If you’re not on campus, you will be routed to the closest 911 center, allowing first responders to rapidly address calls for assistance.