Colonel Connector: Getting You There Faster AND Safer
The Colonel Connector is an Expansion to our safety escort service. can be reached during operating hours by using the Wilkes Shield public safety app. Simply tap the “Services” icon on the app and you’ll see the icon to “Request a Safe Transport”. This will connect you to the DPS Communications Center. Please let the dispatcher know where you’d like the Colonel Connector to meet you and your destination in the service area.
Download Wilkes Shield
Colonel Connector Coverage Area
Policy and Procedure
- Users must present their Wilkes ID when boarding. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Each Wilkes campus member is permitted two guests who may ride with them from start to finish.
- All guests are required to present ID when boarding.
- Public Safety reserves the right to refuse service to individuals who are deemed disruptive by the driver.
- Alcohol and tobacco are not permitted in the van.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The Colonel Connector provides campus members with pick-up and drop-off safety escorts to a wider area around campus. It is NOT intended to replace the current Shuttle services offered.
The Colonel Connector operates Monday through Friday, from 5 to 11 p.m.
The Colonel Connector will not operate out of session or on breaks and is subject to weather-related cancellations (such as snow or severe ice on the roads).
The Colonel Connector is a clearly marked Wilkes University van with flashing yellow light. The driver will have clearly marked Public Safety clothing and a DPS radio.