The Office of Technology for Teaching and Learning recommends the following technology requirements for an optimal experience with the tools utilized by our online, hybrid and enhanced courses:
- Credentials to your Wilkes account that you use to log in to your email is required to access any of our systems. Contact the Help Desk at (570) 408-HELP if you need assistance accessing your account.
- The latest version of one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Microsoft Edge. Internet Explorer is no longer supported and should not be used.
- A high speed Internet connection, either cable or DSL.
- A webcam and microphone are required for virtual meetings that are now part of many courses as well as student advising.
- Exams and quizzes: we highly recommend using wired connections for increased internet reliability during LIVE exams and quizzes.
To ensure your experience in LIVE/D2L is what you and OTTL expect, visit the System Check with each of your devices to ensure that they meet the technical requirements of D2L.
If you will be viewing or recording with Panopto, learn about the current system requirements external website for the platform you will be using.
If you are using Virtual Classrooms (Bongo) in your courses, visit page on System Requirements and Troubleshooting external website .
Additional technology requirements may be necessary, depending upon the program you are studying or the courses you are taking. For example, some courses may require a smart phone or other device capable of taking video to complete projects. Check the course syllabus at the start of each semester to find any additional requirements.