OTTL has organized a variety of resources to help students be successful learners. There are tips for being a successful online student, resources for D2L/LIVE, and links to student focused help for tools Wilkes faculty use for teaching and learning. We’ve also provided a list of apps you can use to help you organize, manage or participate in your classes.
There are a variety of things students can do to set themselves up for success as an online learner. Follow these nine tips: "How to Be a Successful Online Learner: 9 Tips & Strategies"
Here's a Getting Started video playlist from D2L BrightSpace covering all the important components of working within D2L/LIVE.
Visit the Learners page to find helpful documentation and search for topics.
Important features in D2L/LIVE
Lockdown Browser & Monitor Student Guide
Brightspace (D2L) Pulse
Academic and Related Apps/Sites
- Kahn Academy | Various topics students can easily navigate
- Cliffnotes | Helps explain texts after reading, and also provides audio books.
- Mathway | Math help on various topics.
- Chegg | a book rental website.
Study Aid Apps/Sites
- Chegg Flashcards | Flashcards and other learning tools
Flashcards and other studying tools
Student planner to track assignments and more
- Studious App for Google and Apple store that helps keep track of tests, quizzes, assignments and more.
A computer app that lets you lock distracting websites for a set amount of time so that you can focus on school work. It will not unlock them even if the computer is turned off and back on again or if the app is reset.
- Grammarly | Grammar for emails, papers and more.
- EasyBib | Create bibliographies for papers.
- English Grammar
- Purdue OWL: Online Writing Lab
- Harvard University's Writing Center: Strategies for Essay Writing
Document Storage Apps/Sites
- Google Drive | Store any file and access it anywhere.
- Google Docs | Edit documents online, on a phone and collaborate with others.
- Evernote | Use for note taking, organizing, task lists and archiving.
- Dropbox | A cloud site to save files and access them from anywhere.
- Scribd | Internet library that holds documents and books related to college studies(costs money after 30 day free trial).