The Office of Technology for Teaching and Learning (OTTL)
OTTL at Wilkes University prides itself on supporting the needs of faculty in a high quality and timely manner. Faculty needs related to teaching, learning, and technology whether in the traditional classroom, online or some combination of the two, is the focus of our efforts. We promote and incorporate best practices, innovative approaches to teaching and learning, and quality standards as we work with faculty to develop or enhance their instructional practice.
What We Do
We provide instructional design and technology integration support services to all faculty teaching online, face-to-face, and blended classes. We also support various other classroom tools used by faculty such as clickers, Scantron, and online test proctoring services. If you have a problem related to teaching and learning, come see us – we can help!
These areas of support include, but are not limited to:
- LIVE (D2L), the university’s learning management system
- Panopto, the university’s video management platform
- Instructional design of online courses
- Integrating classroom technology tools such as Google apps, classroom clickers, Respondus quiz tool, Lockdown Browser, and many others
- Turnitin software for originality checking
- RP Now and Respondus Monitor, online test/quiz proctoring system,
Who We Serve
All faculty, full and part-time, are the primary focus of Office of Technology for Teaching and Learning (OTTL)’s work. We also provide resources for students needing to use any of our campus classroom technologies.
Through the ongoing work of the OTTL, the University is able to increase access to and enhance the learning experience for all students.