Adventure Series outings are fun, alternative learning experiences that challenge students to engage in physically demanding outdoor activities that not only emphasize wellness, but provide practical leadership tools, lessons on group dynamics, and opportunities to enhance communication and social skills.
We also hold open rock wall times twice a week: 7 to 9 p.m. Mondays and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.Thursdays at the rock wall in UCOM! No experience necessary. Come try one of the best ways to get a workout!
Experiential Adventure Series
(Sign up at Henry Student Center Info Desk)
- Snow Tubing: Jan. 20 | Cost $5 | Sno Mountain Ski Resort
- Ricketts Glen Overnight: Feb. 8-9 | Cost FREE
- 5 Part Adventure Hiking Series: | Cost FREE
Jan. 27 | Easy Level
Feb. 17 | Easy Level
Feb. 24 | Moderate Level
March 24 | Moderate Level
April 7 | Advanced Level
- Mountain Biking Trip: April 13 | Cost FREE | Explore NEPA on two wheels!
- Kayaking on the Susquehanna: April 28 – Cost $10
- Ladies Night: UCOM at 7 p.m. | Come climb with the girls and stay for some fun!
Jan. 23 | Feb. 20 | March 20
Past Adventure Series Trips include:
- Whitewater Rafting in the Lehigh Gorge
- Skydiving over the Endless Mountains
- Hiking the waterfalls trail at Ricketts Glen State Park
- Urban biking tour of New York City
- Kayaking on the Susquehanna
- Mountain Biking in Jim Thorpe, PA
- Snow tubing at Mt. Sno and Camelback
- Rock Climbing at Mocanaqua, PA
- Skiing and Snowboarding at Elk Mountain, PA
- and many more...
Sign up for the Adventure Education Mailing List to be in the loop regarding trips and updates! Just send an e-mail to the link above with your name and “mailing list” in the subject header.