Our goal in Student Development is to ensure that there is always something to do on, or around, our campus.
Mission & Vision
Student Development will create an educational environment that empowers students to maximize intellectual and personal development. We do this through meaningful experience-education opportunities that sustain an atmosphere of leadership and independent thinking. Our innovative and flexible programs will allow Wilkes University to emerge as a recognized leader in the field of experiential education.
Through the use of challenging, hands-on, out-of-the-classroom experiences, we will foster the development of students who graduate from Wilkes University with an appreciation for diversity and the fine arts. They will possess effective communication skills, a sense of social responsibility, sound ethical judgment, the ability to work as effective team members, and a solid foundation of experiences that will help them evolve into leaders in this highly competitive and diverse global environment.
All undergraduate Wilkes students are eligible to attend Student Development sponsored events. If there is something that you would like to do but don’t see here, stop by and let us know about it – we always love getting feedback from students!
Events and Trips
FREE bowling passes - One voucher per student each week available to use for two games of bowling and 1 shoe rental
$3 movie tickets - One ticket per student each week available to use anytime at Movies 14 Wilkes-Barre
(sponsored by Programming Board)
- New York City Broadway shows, trips to the Urbanspace Holiday Market and a New York Yankee Game!
- Philadelphia day trip visiting museums and other attractions
- Overnight trips to Boston/Salem, Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Pittsburgh, including visiting the National Aquarium and Inner Harbor, Arlington, the annual Cherry Blossom Festival and a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game!
- Day trip to the Sweetest Place on Earth, Hershey, Pennsylvania!
- Visit to the Bethlehem Christkindlmarkt
...and many more!
To find out what's going on in Student Development or to sign up for a trip, please stop by the Student Center Information Desk in the Henry Student Center or contact Megan Pitts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to try something a little outside the box, check out our Adventure Series!
Looking for programs during the week? Visit the Programming Board!