Tuition RateThe Master's level tuition rate for the 2019-2020 (Summer 19 - Spring 2020) academic year is $517 per credit or $1,551 for a three-credit course. Even though Wilkes University is not a state institution, we charge a comparable rate for Graduate Education courses. In addition, some courses carry a fee. These fees are listed on the schedule that is sent to students each semester. All courses will be charged a fee of $75. Fees are added to the student's tuition invoice.
Student Payment & Accounts Receivable Policy
Students must be financially clear in order to register for classes during Preregistration
or Add/Drop. In order to be financially clear, the student must either pay in full
any outstanding balance due to the University or make arrangements for payment in
full with the University. Arrangements for payment may include application for student
financial aid to cover the entire balance, entering into an installment payment plan
with the University, or submitting documentation in support of an employer’s commitment
to provide reimbursement for costs incurred by the student. To qualify you must download
and complete the Employer Deferment Agreement form each semester.
Students are encouraged to consult the Student Payment & Accounts Receivable Policy for detailed information on registration, financial clearance and payment arrangements.
Students receive notification of charges via email only through their official Wilkes email account.
Students have several options for making tuition payments to Wilkes:
- Pay by mail by sending your invoice stub along with a check or money order to:
P.O. Box 824696
Philadelphia, Pa 19182-4696
32 West South Street
Wilkes-Barre, Pa 18766
- Pay online by credit card* through the portal.wilkes.edu following the steps below using Mastercard, American Express, Discover or Visa. A 2.85% convenience fee will be added to all credit card payments. This fee will appear as a Vendor Service Fee Charge on your statement. Please be aware that school districts/employers may not reimburse this convenience fee. Please check with your SD/employer.
*Credit card payments will no longer be accepted over the phone, in-person, or by
Pay by cash or check in person at the Bursar's Office located at 32 West South Street, Wilkes-Barre, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- For qualified individuals, apply for financial aid. Details described at the bottom of this page.
To make online payments, follow these simple steps:
- Log on to portal.wilkes.edu
- Enter your Wilkes username and password
- Click on the ‘Student’ tab and choose Student Services from the drop down menu
- Click on ‘Pay on Account’ and follow the steps to make a payment.
Be sure to print your receipt before you log out of the system.
Students who drop a class or withdraw after the course begins may be responsible for
a portion of the tuition as outlined in the table below. Amount of tuition refunded
will be calculated based on percentage of course complete as of the date of contact
by the student. The tuition refund adjustment policy applies to all graduate level,
credit-bearing courses regardless of format or schedule type.
Students are responsible for making sure they process a drop via the proper process to ensure the highest refund possible. Any student wishing to request an exception to the policy due to extenuating circumstances should submit a request in writing to the Tuition Refund Appeals Committee for review.
Percentage of course completed
0-13% course completed (includes first class session for all courses
14-20% course completed
21-27% course completed
28% course completed through end of course
*All fees charged by the University are non-refundable.
Financial aid is only available to graduate students in the form of student loans. Students interested in financial aid must meet the following criteria in order to apply:
In addition to completing your electronic FAFSA application, please email email@example.com indicating:
accepted into a master’s degree program
the amount of financial aid you are applying for
registered for 6 credits per semester where classes are online or meet on the Wilkes campus and the start dates for your courses
More information pertaining to financial aid as well as graduate assistantships can be found on the Financial Aid site,as well as in the Graduate Bulletin.
* This tuition applies to our Graduate Education programs. Tuition for other Master's and Terminal Degrees vary.