Enroll in the only program where your work is reviewed by an outside editor, agent or producer.
In the Maslow Family Graduate Program in Creative Writing you will work with a community of professional writers to learn the craft and business of writing. Earn your M.A. and M.F.A. online with limited campus residencies.
- Creative Nonfiction
- Documentary Films
TWO CONVENIENT FORMATS
- Low-residency: online with eight-day residencies in Jan. and June
- Weekender: online with four weekend sessions per semester
CREATIVE WRITING PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Attend workshops, readings and classes with writers
- Meet with agents and editors to learn the business of writing
- Have your creative work reviewed by an industry professional
- M.A. completion in 18 months; M.F.A. completion in one additional year
A bachelor's degree in any field is considered for admission.
CREATIVE WRITING ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- Application and $35 application fee
- Official transcripts for all college work
- Writing samples and a personal essay
2006 Creative Writing grad Marlon James has won the 2015 Man Booker Prize for A Brief History of Seven Killings. He is the first Jamaican author to win the Man Booker Prize, considered one of the most prestigious prizes in literature.
CREATIVE WRITING FACULTY AND ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS INCLUDE:
Beverly Donofrio | Toi Derricotte | Larry Heinemann | William Heyen | H. L. Hix | Kaylie Jones | William J. Kennedy | Colum McCann | Lawrence Schiller | Susan Cartsonis | Michael Mailer