Our writing community is like no other. We build each other up, celebrate successes and enthusiastically welcome new members into our program.
2015 Man Booker Prize Winner for A Brief History of Seven Killings. Read more about his win.
Sing in the Morning, Cry at Night was named a 2014 "Top 10 Best Summer Read" by Publishers Weekly.
The Rebel Wife was a "Top Ten Pick for February 2012" by O, The Oprah Magazine.
2015 PEN/Robert W. Bingham Prize for Debut Fiction - Longlisted for Time of the Locust.
2016 Nashville Film Festival Family/Animated Screenplay Competition Winner for Fridge Mates. Read more about her win.
Fanelli's poem, Raking Leaves, was featured on NPR's The Writer's Almanac and read by Garrison Keillor. Hear it now.
D'Amico's screenplay was optioned by Hollywood producers, Susan Cartsonis, Suzanne Farwell and Brent Emery.
Death of a Rainmaker: A Dust Bowl Mystery was named a 2018 NPR Book of the Year
2019 RITA award winner of young adult romance. My So-Called Bollywood Life was named a 2018 NPR Book of the Year.
Latest play, "N," was a finalist in the FutureFest 2015 Festival of New Works in Dayton, Ohio. The play was optioned by an independent film company with filming completed in Oct. 2018.
Stay on top of latest program news and success stories by following us on social media, or by reading our program newsletter, Revise This!
- Follow us on Twitter to get all the latest updates as they happen!
- Like us on Facebook to stay up-to-date with all the latest happenings and to join in the conversation with other students interested in Creative Writing.
- Read Revise This, our official newsletter. Discover news, program information and meet faculty members in this newsletter.
- Read The Write Life,. a blog created by and for the Creative Writing program. It features articles, Q&As, advice and personal accounts of people in the writing field.
- River and South Review is an online literary journal run by the students of the Maslow Family Graduate Program in Creative Writing at Wilkes University. We publish new, emerging and seasoned writers.