Wilkes University

General Information

Financial Aid

Students wishing to use financial aid for summer session should contact the financial aid office at financialaid@wilkes.edu.

Please note: Federal financial aid eligibility for summer is determined by availability of funds left from the current year. Part-time and full-time employment may be available for students through the Federal Work Study program based on financial need or the Institutional Employment Program.


A student who has paid tuition and fees in full and who withdraws from courses, or from the University, by the fourth day of the pre-session, during the first week of the first or second day session, during the first two weeks of the nine-week session, or by the second weekend of Weekender courses, will receive a refund of one-half of his or her tuition and fees, upon written request to the Financial Management Office.

No refunds will be made to students who withdraw from courses or the University after these periods. Students who are suspended or expelled from the University are not entitled to refunds.

Please note: Once a student submits a registration form online; he or she is considered registered and will be billed appropriate tuition charges. Students are not withdrawn from a course when they simply stop attending. Students must complete withdrawal forms available by clicking here.

Tuition Reimbursements

Wilkes will gladly defer payments for students who have tuition benefits from their employers.

Employer deferment form (.pdf)

Please note: Requests for deferment must be submitted prior to the start of each semester. Deferment applies only to the amount the employer will reimburse on tuition. It does not include fees, room and board, books or other charges unless otherwise noted by your employer. These charges must be remitted as required by Wilkes.

If a reimbursement check is not received 30 days after the conclusion of a course, the student is personally responsible for payment. Students with unpaid, past-due balances will be placed on financial hold, which will not allow course registration for the next semester, mailing of grades/official transcripts, and diplomas. Clearance forms cannot be signed until all outstanding account balances are paid in full.

Graduating Students

Remember to register for the appropriate GRD 000 section, so appropriate offices can be notified and your graduation clearance can be processed.

Residence Hall & Dining

For more information on residence hall or dining facilities, please contact the Residence Life Office or the Dining Service Office.


The Barnes & Noble University Bookstore is temporarily closed to the public. Students can place their summer book orders online at www.wilkes.bncollege.com with free shipping for those near and far. No need to stand in line; online shopping is the fastest and quickest way to order your books.

The store will reopen when state guidance deems it safe to do so. The Wilkes bookstore is located in the lower level of the Barnes & Noble at 7 South Main Street, just off Public Square in downtown Wilkes-Barre.

Day care

Day care services may be partially subsidized by the University. Call 570-408-4110 or stop by the University Student Affairs Office in Conyngham Hall.

Veteran's Benefits

Information about Veterans' benefits is available through the Veteran’s Counselor, Lt. Col. Mark Kaster. Contact Lt. Col. Kaster at (570) 408-5046 or mark.kaster@wilkes.edu. Wilkes is a Yellow Ribbon School.

Eugene Shedden Farley Library

The Eugene S. Farley Library, named in honor of the first president of Wilkes University, is located on the corner of South Franklin and West South Streets. It is one of the largest resource libraries in the region, with more the 200,000 volumes of books and bound journals, 300,000 electronic books, over 60 journals and newspaper subscriptions, 76,000 full text online journals, microforms, instructional audio-video materials, and a growing collection of classic films on DVD.

Also housed in the library are the University Archives, four special collections rooms, and a SMART classroom. Students have access to 81 desktop computers, 46 wireless laptops, and 25  iPads that can be used anywhere within the library’s wireless environment. Farley Library is home to the Alden Learning Commons, a technology rich learning environment that has four enclosed group study rooms, twenty open group study areas that can accommodate groups of one to six students, the University Writing Center, and the Information Technology Computer Clinic and Help Desk.