Wilkes University Undergraduate Student Handbook
This Student Handbook is designed to provide Wilkes students with an overview of the University — its people, programs, policies and procedures. The Handbook and other University publications provide significant information all students should know, and students are responsible for the information and regulations outlined within. The Student Handbook is published by the Office of Student Affairs.
To continue the Wilkes tradition of liberally educating our students for lifelong learning and success in a constantly evolving and multicultural world through a commitment to individualized attention, exceptional teaching, scholarship and academic excellence, while continuing the University's commitment to community engagement.
Wilkes University will provide exceptional educational experiences that transform students and develop innovations through scholarly activities that lead to national recognition and shape the world around us.
- Mentorship: Nurturing individuals to understand and act on their abilities while challenging them to achieve great things.
- Scholarship: Advancing knowledge through discovery and research to better educate our constituents.
- Diversity: Embracing differences and uniqueness through sincerity, awareness, inclusion and sensitivity.
- Innovation: Promoting creative scholarly activities, programs, ideas and sustainable practices.
- Community: Appreciating and collaborating with mutual respect to foster a sense of belonging.
Statement of Disclaimer
Insofar as possible, the information in this Handbook is complete and accurate as of the date of publication. Wilkes University reserves the right to amend any administrative or academic policy or disciplinary regulation described in this Handbook without prior notice to persons who might thereby be affected. Information about expenses, fees, and other charges applies to the academic year 2022-2023. The University reserves the right to change any provisions or requirements, including tuition and fees, at any time within the student's term of residence.