Small Business Development Center
Empowering Small Businesses
The Wilkes University Small Business Development Center aims to empower small businesses throughout our area.
Empower entrepreneurs and small business owners with the knowledge they need to start, grow and prosper.
Our work will have a positive, transformational, and lasting impact on aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Consultation & Outreach Partners
The Wilkes University Small Business Development Center provides no-cost, confidential consulting to small businesses and to individuals who are interested in starting a small business in Carbon, Columbia, Luzerne, Schuylkill and Sullivan Counties. Our main office is located at 85 South Main Street in Wilkes-Barre, but consultants regularly visit our outreach partners in Hazleton external website, Lehighton external website, Bloomsburg external website, Pottsville external website and Sullivan County external website.
238 Market Street
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
20 West Broad Street
Hazleton, PA 18201
137 South Street
Lehighton, PA 18235
Union Station - One Progress Circle, Suite 201
Pottsville, PA 17901
If you are an aspiring entrepreneur or an existing business owner in Carbon, Columbia, Luzerne, Schuylkill or Sullivan counties, the Wilkes University Small Business Development Center (SBDC) offers no-cost individualized consulting, from start up to established businesses. We offer expertise and keen insights essential to helping you manage your concerns today and design solid, long-range plans to secure your vision for tomorrow.
Grow Our Markets
- develop pipelines for financial deals, growth clients, and high impact start-ups
- nurture businesses within strategically targeted growing and emerging industries
- advance as a well-managed, functionally integrated, programmatically and administratively compliant statewide organization
- increase sources of additional organizational funding
- don't stop thinking about tomorrow
Build Economically Vibrant Communities
- create meaningful new partnerships with relevant stakeholders and leverage those relationships to provide better client service
- assist entrepreneurs in starting and growing businesses
Provide Proven, Trustworthy Advice
- expand the delivery and marketing of our consulting and training services, paying attention to people and communities where we can make a positive impact
Funding support and resources are provided by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania through the Department of Community and Economic Development, through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration, and through support from Wilkes University. All services are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Special arrangements for persons with disabilities can be made by calling 570-408-4340. All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.
SBDC services are not available to individuals or entities that have been debarred or suspended by the federal government. By agreeing to receive assistance from the SBDC you are self-certifying that you are not currently federally debarred or suspended and also agree to cease using SBDC services if your become federally debarred or suspended in the future.