COVID-19 Information for Small Businesses
- Unemployment Compensation for Self-Employed, Independent Contractors & Gig Workers
- SBA Disaster Assistance for COVID-19
- Pennsylvania Department of Health COVID-19 Information for Businesses
- Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry Information for Impacted Workers
- CDC Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- America's SBDC COVID-19 Small Business Resources
- State Assistance for COVID-19
- Information about the Cares Package (.pdf)
- Paycheck Protection Program FAQs for Small Businesses (.pdf)
- Tracking and Understanding Your PPP Loan (.pdf)
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
We are here to help! Please contact the Wilkes University SBDC to arrange a time to discuss your small business concerns.
- SBDC Business Consultants are available for individual meetings by phone or real-time video conferencing on multiple platforms.
- Virtual Online Group Sessions will be offered soon where individuals can drop in and talk or ask questions to SBDC staff in a group setting.
The team will continue to work with our existing clients as well as take on new clients and referrals.
Current SBDC Clients should reach out directly to their SBDC Business Consultant.
New requests for for-profit small business assistance can reach out to us as follows:
Call 570-408-4340 and leave a message. We are checking and returning messages regularly!
While we are gathering details on additional financial help for small businesses, it would be helpful if you gathered the following:
- Business financial records, tax returns, equipment/contents, employee information, etc.
- Insurance policies, inventory and asset lists, client/customer information, profit and loss statements, etc.
- Important numbers – Your accountant, insurance agent, banker, SBDC Consultant, etc.
SBDC COVID-19 FAQ (.pdf)
Small Business Development Center
The Wilkes University Small Business Development Center is a member of the Pennsylvania Small Business Development Centers statewide network. We provide quality, no-cost, confidential business consulting and training to small business owners and entrepreneurs. Whether you are thinking about starting a business, contemplating expansion or change in your current business, or are developing a new product the professionals at the Wilkes University SBDC are here to help.Address: 85 South Main Street Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701 Phone: 570-408-4340 Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Funding support and resources are provided by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania through the Department of Community and Economic Development; through a cooperative agreement with the U. S. Small Business Administration, and through support from Wilkes University. All services are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Special arrangements for persons with disabilities can be made by calling 570-408-4340. All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA.
SBDC services are not available to individuals or entities that have been debarred or suspended by the federal government. By agreeing to receive assistance from the SBDC you are self-certifying that you are not currently federally debarred or suspended and also agree to cease using SBDC services if your become federally debarred or suspended in the future.