Making Arrangements for Financial Clearance
A student who has not paid in full will be treated as financially clear for a semester or term by making arrangements for full payment by doing any one or combination of the following:
- Apply for Financial Aid: A student who properly applied for financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and/or an alternative student loan shall be treated as financially clear beginning with proper submission of the application for financial aid and ending with a final aid award from the Financial Aid Office. Failure of the student to make a timely response to requests from the Financial Aid Office for additional information shall result in immediate loss of financial clearance.
- Wilkes University Installment Payment Plan: A student who is enrolled in a TouchNet Payment Plan for the semester or term shall be treated as financially clear. No new payment plan agreements will be accepted after October 1 (Fall Semester), March 1 (Spring Semester) and July 1 (Summer Term).
- Employer Deferment Agreement: A student who is reimbursed for tuition, fees and other costs by an employer shall be treated as financially clear to the extent of the employer’s agreement to reimburse. The student must submit documentation supporting the employer’s agreement to reimburse in advance of each semester or term during which the reimbursement agreement is in effect. Students are obligated to notify the University two weeks before the beginning of each subsequent semester or term of any change in the reimbursement agreement between student and employer to avoid suspension of financial clearance.
- Other Guarantee of Payment:
- A student who is the beneficiary of an agreement with a foreign government providing payment of tuition, fees and other costs shall be treated as financially clear. The student must submit documentation of the government’s agreement to make payment in advance of the first semester of study in which the reimbursement agreement is in effect.
- Students eligible to receive veterans benefits shall be financially clear if documentation of pending payments meets or exceeds the student’s balance.
- Students benefiting from either of these forms of payment are obligated to notify the University two weeks before the beginning of each semester to avoid suspension of financial clearance.