The Dr. Joseph Donald Stephens, DDS Global Scholars Program
Established by Panos and Debi (Stephens) Kalaritis, the Dr. Joseph Donald Stephens DDS Global Scholars Program seeks to fund high impact study abroad experiences for three Wilkes University students. Awards are for $5000 per student.
Any full-time undergraduate or graduate Wilkes University student.that wishes to study
- full-year abroad
- semester abroad
- minimum 4-week summer abroad
- qualified internships
To be eligible students must be willing to
- Meet and have dinner with donors
- Present travel experiences to Wilkes University Board of Trustees
- Agree to provide regular weekly updates while abroad to the Director of Study Abroad as well as social media
- Promote study abroad during open houses, club day, and related events
To apply, please send
- A 1000 - 1500 word essay on your study abroad plans. Your essay should include a statement of the program you are applying for, your current academic status (year and major), your study abroad goals (e.g., credits, research, language skills), your campus leadership experiences, and previous international experiences (none is OK - that's the point of this scholarship).
- A tentative budget, including airfare, housing, tuition costs, meals, and fees
- A letter of support from your advisor sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send all all materials to email@example.com
- Deadline for applications is October 1
Dillon used his Stephens Scholarship to travel to Southampton University, England to study the genetics of macular degeneration.
Jacee used her Stephens Scholarship to travel to Australia for a business internship with CAPA.