Opportunities for a Fellow
The Fellow will have the opportunity to rotate across the various Sanofi Global Business Units within Pharmacovigilance. The Fellow will also gain exposure to other functional areas based on individual interest including Biostatistics, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Pharmacoepidemiology, Regulatory Affairs, and Research and Development.
The Fellow is appointed as adjunct faculty at Wilkes University. Academic opportunities include didactic teaching, precepting pharmacy students, global presentations, and projects. The Fellow will be a primary resource to the student chapter of Industry Pharmacists Organization (IPhO).
About the Fellowship
- The Fellow(s) will develop expertise in the collection of drug safety information from a variety of sources throughout the product life cycle to proactively detect and validate potential signals.
- The Fellow(s) will be a core member of the signal detection and safety surveillance teams and act as project manager for assigned products. They will drive the agenda, produce the necessary data outputs, analyze safety data & prepare slide presentations, facilitate discussions & document conclusions, and present complete safety analysis.
- The Fellow(s) will apply product knowledge in providing medical safety contributions for assigned products.
- The Fellow(s) will have the opportunity to rotate across the various Sanofi Global Business Units within Pharmacovigilance.
- The Fellow(s) will have the opportunity to gain exposure to other functional areas based on individual interest.
To become a valuable member of the Pharmacovigilance team through technical training and hands-on experiences in order to grow the necessary skillset to optimize patient safety and successfully act as a Pharmacovigilance Scientist.
During this two-year Pharmacovigilance Fellowship, the Fellow(s) will:
- Critically evaluate, interpret, synthesize, and present safety data in a clear and concise manner through written and verbal communication
- Obtain experience with clinical development and marketed products to further understand the role of PV throughout the product lifecycle
- Lead, engage, coordinate, and collaborate cross functionally with both internal teams and external partners/authorities
- Understand the roles of other functional areas within PV and key players within the organization
- Demonstrate knowledge of global legislation in safety and benefit-risk assessment/management
- Be self-motivated; able to independently prioritize, plan, and manage multiple ongoing projects and timelines