Our mission is to develop pharmacists who will provide high quality health care and make meaningful contributions to the science and practice of pharmacy.
We will be recognized as an exceptional pharmacy program through innovative education, contemporary practice, and valuable scientific contributions.
Teamwork, Professionalism, Lifelong Learning, Cultural Competency, Personalized Attention, Community Engagement
The Nesbitt School of Pharmacy Strategic Planning Committee completed an updated five-year strategic plan for 2017-2022. The committee worked with internal and external stakeholders to solicit input related to key strategic initiatives. Stakeholders included faculty and staff members, student pharmacists, alumni, members of the university community outside of the school, the Dean’s Advisory Council, and pharmacists in a variety of settings.
The Strategic Initiatives are:
- Recruit, enroll, and retain a high-performing, diverse student body.
- Foster excellence and innovation in the professional didactic and experiential curriculum that is based on the current and projected landscape of healthcare, pharmacy practice, and educational delivery.
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders of the school and university.
- Discover knowledge and advance education, science, and clinical practice through the creation of sustainable research/scholarship programs for faculty, staff, and students.
- Invest in administrators, faculty, and staff who will contribute to the school’s success.
- Promote facilities development to support an optimal learning environment for students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Strengthen the school’s finances to support the school’s mission.
Measurable action items, outcomes, responsible parties and target accomplishment dates have been established for each strategic initiative. The strategic plan and accompanying initiatives will guide our prioritization of attention and resources to ensure that the school is positioned well for continued, future success.