Be a leader in the business of patient care.
The PharmD/MBA dual degree program will give you the expertise to work in management-level positions in a variety of health care settings.
This collaboration between the Nesbitt School of Pharmacy and the Sidhu School of Business and Leadership allows you to:
- earn two degrees in six years;
- save money by completing both programs simultaneously;
- start your career sooner, since you'll earn the MBA and PharmD concurrently;
- gain a competitive edge by combining business and pharmacy skills.
You need to apply for the MBA program at the end of the spring semester of your first professional (P1) year to complete this program. You will need:
- A grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Completion of PHA 304 and PHA 335.
- A completed online application.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A current resume.
- A personal statement detailing your short- and long-term goals, why you want to pursue your MBA and why you are a strong candidate.
You will take the MBA foundation, core and elective courses totaling 39 credits, or 33 credits in addition to your PharmD requirements. MBA courses are offered online.
You'll take courses in the following timeline:
- MBA foundation courses in fall semester of your second professional (P2) year
- MBA Business Essential courses beginning the summer before your third professional (P3) year
- To fulfill MBA elective requirements, you'll take PHA 412 Pharmacy Operations, PHA 509 Pharmacoeconomics, and one additional elective course.
Your dual degree will give you a competitive advantage for leadership positions at a variety of sites, including:
- independent pharmacies
- hospital pharmacies
- research and development facilities
- pharmaceutical manufacturers
- public health care agencies
For more information on the PharmD/MBA program, contact:
Associate MBA Director