The Manuscript Society of Wilkes University has been publishing its creative written and visual art magazine, Manuscript, continuously since 1947. Currently, the student-led editorial staff publishes one issue per year, and copies are complimentary.
- Executive Editor | Jay Guziewicz
- Assistant Editor | Emily Cherkauskas
- Art/Layout/Copy Editor | Breanna Ebisch
- Editors at Large
- Will Farnelli
- Darren Martinez
- Jordyn Williams
- Faculty Advisors
- Dr. Chad Stanley
- Dr. Mischelle Anthony
In preparation for a career in editing, publishing or creative writing, any Wilkes student is welcome to submit to or work on the editorial board of the Manuscript Society and critique a variety of creative pieces, including visual art, from Wilkes faculty, staff, students and alumni.
This process includes creative work-shopping, copyediting and layout. Wilkes students may elect to enroll in ENG 190 B, Projects in Writing: Manuscript, for one credit of coursework. Meetings are held during club hours each semester. Monthly campus poetry readings are open to the Wilkes Community and greater public. The end product is a published, award-winning magazine. The Manuscript Society's faculty advisors are Dr. Mischelle Anthony and Dr. Chad Stanley.
- Submissions are open to all Wilkes University students, faculty, staff and alumni
- Individuals may submit creative fiction, creative nonfiction/short personal essays, poetry, photography, drawings, paintings, digital art and music compositions
- Each individual may submit up to five written and/or visual pieces
- Written submissions may be up to five pages in length
All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org from a wilkes.edu email address. If you have any questions regarding this process, or about the magazine, feel free to email one of the editors or a faculty advisor. You can also contact us at: