The CQA Institute is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating students interested in the investment management industry.
By capturing the collective experience and insights of CQA members, the Institute can develop programs that will provide a unique learning experience. The goal is to provide an avenue for students who have a desire to go beyond what they learn in school and take advantage of the real-world experience of accomplished investment professionals.
The CQA Institute offers an intensive, two-week course taught by investment industry professionals. The participants in the course are highly-motivated undergraduate students interested in a career in investment management. The course includes a lecture series on key investment topics, boot camp style training on critical technical skills and a capstone project.
The Advanced Investment Management Course
May 19–31, 2019
Tuition: $2,500 • Two-week intensive course
CQA Institute Advanced Investment Management (AIM)
The CQA Institute’s course in Advanced Investment Management is a two-week course that is taught by the experienced professionals who are CQA members. The course will include a series of topics taught by experts in the field. Topics include an overview of the industry, equity and fixed income research, asset allocation, risk management, quantitative research, portfolio management and effective communication. Along with the keynote lectures and discussions, the course will focus on hard-skills development in areas like programming, risk models and model development. The final project involves students working as a team to develop an investment strategy that is presented to a panel of judges.
Who should participate?
The AIM course is targeted to undergraduate students who have completed their junior year. Applications will be accepted beginning in October of 2018. The initial class will be selected from the pool of qualified applicants. There is significant demand for the program and those selected will be highly motivated students who are focused on attaining the skills to be successful in the investment industry. The course will be offered immediately after the spring semester of 2019, beginning on May 19, 2019. The course will be held at Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. All room and board costs are included in the program.
Why should a student participate in the AIM?
- An opportunity to get a comprehensive overview of the investment industry and learn about the many career possibilities available.
- Learn real-world, tangible skills on software platforms used by major firms.
- Develop critical soft skills necessary to succeed in the industry, such as effective presentation.
- Learn teamwork as you develop and present a capstone investment strategy.
- Network with world-class investment professionals and motivated peers.
- Earn a resume credential that sets you apart and shows a commitment to a career in the field of investments.
- Have fun while enjoying a once-in-a-lifetime experience.