Wilkes University

International Student Services

International Student Services helps all international students, faculty and staff with immigration needs as well as programming and cultural support.

Our Services

  • Provide cultural, social and academic support for international students and scholars.
  • Organize campus wide events for students and create opportunities for integration between U.S. and international students. 
  • Offer an Orientation for International students to the Wilkes University campus before the start of each semester.
  • Host workshops on American cultural issues and problems.
  • Answer immigration concerns you may have while you are applying to Wilkes, or once you arrive on our beautiful, urban campus.

Our Resources

If you have entered the U.S. after 5/20/2013 then in place of the I-94 card you have received previously you will now receive an admission stamp in your passport. This stamp DOES NOT serve as your new I-94, however, you can use this to retrieve you admission number. It is now YOUR responsibility to go online and print out your I-94.

  • Go to United States' I-94 Retrieval Website.
  • Select "GET MOST RECENT I-94" located in the middle at the top of the page or in the middle box located towards the bottom of the page.
  • A pop-up window will appear, select "CONSENT AND CONTINUE"
  • Complete the form and select "NEXT" to retrieve your new I-94.
  • Print the I-94 and bring it to the International Student Services Office

If you have any questions about this please feel free to stop in and ask us.

You will need to do this every time you leave and re-enter the U.S.

To request a letter(s) come to the Center for Global Education and fill out a Letter Request form.

After we receive the request form your letter(s) will then be completed within 2-3 business days or 3-4 business days if requesting a letter for online classes.

Post Completion OPT

ISS holds a workshop every Fall and Spring Semester. Here we can guide upcoming graduates interested in participating in OPT on the procedures they will need to take in order to apply.

For further information about OPT ask your International Student Advisor or visit the Study in States information page: studyinthestates.dhs.gov


DHS grants STEM OPT extensions to eligible F-1 students who are currently in a period of post-completion OPT once per degree level (i.e., bachelor's, master's or doctorate). A student may participate twice in the STEM OPT extension over the course of their academic career. Students may not apply for STEM OPT extensions during the 60-day grace period following an initial (usually 12-month) period of post-completion OPT.

To qualify for the STEM OPT extension, an F-1 student must hold a bachelor's degree or a higher degree in an eligible STEM field from an SEVP-certified school that is accredited (by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education) at the time the student submits their STEM OPT extension application to USCIS.

For more information, please contact your International Student Advisor.

International students who are doing any form of internship including practicums, clinicals, rotations or any type of training for your major need to see Crystal Cool (crystal.cool@wilkes.edu) to register for CPT. Additional information can be found on the Study in the States website.

Questions? Contact:

Crystal Cool

Assistant Director of International Student and Scholar Services

Follow Us on Social Media!