Office of Global Engagement
What We Do
Through partnerships across campus and around the world, we:
- Support study abroad programs
- Promote curricular and co-curricular global initiatives
- Welcome international students, scholars, faculty and staff to our campus
Our core services include:
- Ensures regulatory compliance for our international students, scholars and faculty
- Supports international student success from pre-arrival through graduation
- Facilitates student participation in study abroad programs.
- Administers faculty-led study abroad programs
- Assists in establishing international partnerships and the drafting and review of international agreements
A Sweet Success Story
Belgian international student Toon De Schepper and fellow Wilkes student Billy Berry turned a taste from Toon's home into a multi-state business with their All Belgium waffle truck.
A Sweet Summer Internship
Sometimes homework assignments can lead to really sweet opportunities. Just ask Jesus Rios and his experience inerning at the enviable location of Chocolate World on the Hersheypark campus.
Spanish and Pharmacy Combine for a World of Possibilities
Derek Donaldson took advantage of study abroad opportunities in Peru and Spain. He collaborated with a professor to craft a chapter of a Spanish-language textbook for medical professionals.
Coffee and Co-ops in Costa Rica
Pre-law student Sydney Cogswell explored course coffee co-ops and community service during a Study Abroad trip to Costa Rica.
countries represented by international students on campus
diversity, cultural, inclusion and equity programs hosted annually
cups of coffee served at our popular Global Coffee Hour events each semester