Work Study Program
May 10, 2020 – May 15, 2021
Before You Apply
Before you apply for a Federal Work Study job, please check your 2020 - 2021 Financial Aid award to see if you are eligible. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact Jean Eckert at 570-408-4916 or at email@example.com. If you are not eligible for Federal Work Study, you may only apply for a job that is Institutional Work Study. Please check with the hiring supervisor to make sure that the department has funds available before applying for an Institutional Work Study job.
Steps to Apply
Procedures for applying for a Federal or Institutional Work Study job:
Review the open jobs for which you may qualify by clicking on the "View Current Job Openings" tab above.
Students should consult with supervisors regarding all position requirements.
Got the Job
If you are offered a job, you must complete the Work Study Application.
Applications are available at the Human Resources Office, 10 East South Street, Suite A or by downloading the Work Study Application. If this is the first time that you have been hired for a Work Study position, or if you have not worked at Wilkes University in the last 13 months, you must come to Human Resources to pick up a packet to complete Step 3 on the application or download the new hire documents by clicking on the "Student Work Study Job Forms" tab below and selecting the new student worker forms.
- Step 1 on the application must be completed by your hiring supervisor. | Student Work Study Job Forms
- Step 2 on the application must be completed by you. | Student Work Study Job Forms
- Step 3 on the application must be completed by Jean Eckert in the Human Resources Office. | Student Work Study Job Forms
- Return the completed applications and new hire documents to the Human Resources Office.
Students cannot start working until the supervisor and student receive an approval via email from Jean Eckert in the Human Resources Office.
Student employment office hours are:
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Closed Fridays for application processing.
Students can work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the academic year and 30 hours per week during the summer term.
- Work cannot occur during class time.
- A student is permitted to work a maximum of 2 jobs per term.