Please review the position description and mandatory events schedule before applying.
The mission of the Wilkes University First Year Student e-Mentoring Program is to ease the transition of new students to college and provide a supportive environment for academic success and personal growth. The program helps each new student connect with peers, upperclassmen and the institution as a whole.
A First Year Student e-Mentor is a full-time undergraduate student who leads a group of approximately 12 to 25 new students throughout the first semester of their career at Wilkes University, beginning at summer Orientation and concluding at the end of the 2023 fall semester.
- To acquaint new students with all aspects of Wilkes University.
- To provide a resourceful environment for academic enrichment and personal growth.
- To support interactions and connections with peers, staff and faculty.
- To promote participation in meaningful campus activities.
- In order to apply for a FYS e-Mentor position, you must:
- Hold full-time undergraduate status.
- Have a 2.5 cumulative grade point average or higher (as of Dec. 31, 2022).
- Possess no active academic or disciplinary sanctions.
- Be available for all mandatory mentor events (outlined in the Important Dates section).
- Attend all meetings and events for First-Year Students e-Mentors.
- Complete all mentoring programming components.
- Establish a climate of trust, support, and encouragement.
- Set positive examples for others in personal, academic, and social behavior.
- Be knowledgeable about campus services for appropriate referral.
- Lead and facilitate group discussion and activity.
- Attend and encourage attendance at various University sponsored events.
- Adhere to all guidelines set forth in the First Year Student e-Mentor contract and manual.
Attendance is required for all events listed below.
March 17 - 21
May 15 & 16
July 7, 10, 14
Aug. 22 & 23
Aug. 24 - 27
Aug. 28 - Sept. 1