Do you know a high school junior who is passionate, determined, capable and ready? Nominate them for an $8,000 scholarship.
Nominations are open February through April.
What is the Colonel Emerging Leader Award?
This is a pre-scholarship granted to high school juniors who demonstrate academic potential. High school counselors may nominate up to four deserving students who meet the requirements listed below. Selected students will receive an $8,000 scholarship as long as they enroll at Wilkes for the fall semester immediately following their high school graduation.
This special award will be stacked on top of our merit scholarships, federal aid and other scholarship opportunities, presenting a high-value savings that recognizes hard work.
Emerging Leader awardees receive:
- $8,000 Colonel Emerging Leader Award (pre-scholarship).
- Preferred First-Year Housing (as available).
The pre-scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $1,000 per each fall and spring semester for up to four years. These funds are for full-time, undergraduate students only. The Colonel Emerging Leadership Award is added to any additional merit award for which the student qualifies. Please note that Wilkes University scholarships and awards, when combined with other sources of grant assistance from Wilkes, will not exceed tuition costs.
Nominees must meet the following to be eligible:
- Current high school junior.
- Minimum 3.25 (4.0 scale) / 85% (100% scale) grade-point average.
- If available, provide any test scores (SAT, ACT, PSAT).
- Students who have not yet taken the PSAT, SAT or ACT will still qualify if they demonstrate continual, active participation in two extracurricular programs, two community service projects,or a combination of both.