Nominate High-potential Juniors for a Pre-scholarship
Help us recognize talented high school juniors who will most benefit from the personal engagement and research opportunities that Wilkes University offers!
The Colonel Emerging Leader Award is a pre-scholarship granted to high school juniors who demonstrate academic potential. High school counselors may nominate up to four deserving students from their schools who meet minimum requirements. Selected students would be guaranteed a minimum of $13,000 per year should the student be admitted and enroll at Wilkes University in the fall semester immediately following high school graduation.
Emerging Leader awardees receive:
- $13,000 Minimum Award Guarantee (pre-scholarship).
- Preferred First-Year Housing (as available).
The pre-scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $5,000 per each fall and spring semester for up to four years. These funds are for undergraduate students only. The amount of the Colonel Emerging Leadership Award would be included in any merit award for which the student otherwise qualifies. Please note that Wilkes University scholarships and awards, when combined with other sources of grant assistance from Wilkes, will not exceed tuition costs.
Nominees must meet the following to be eligible:
- Current high school junior.
- Minimum 3.25 (4.0 scale) / 85% (100% scale) grade-point average.
- If available, provide any test scores (SAT, ACT, PSAT).
- Students who have not yet taken the PSAT, SAT or ACT will still qualify if they demonstrate continual, active participation in two extracurricular programs, two community service projects,or a combination of both.