Academically exceptional high school and transfer students who have already been accepted to Wilkes University are invited to apply to the Honors Program.
Application Assessment Process
- Upon receipt of application materials the faculty, administrative and student members of the Honors Program Advisory Council review all candidates, with specific input regarding students within their respective colleges/schools on a rolling basis. Finalists will be identified after all applicants are assessed according to academic performance, community service record, and leadership potential.
- Finalists will be contacted by the Wilkes University Honors Program office to schedule a short 15-20 minute interview with members of the Honors Program Advisory Council. These interviews will be held on a rolling basis and will be conducted via Zoom.
If your recommenders for your Letters of recommendation prefer to send them directly to us, rather than having you upload the document yourself, please have them email us directly at email@example.com. Additionally, applicants should upload a Word Doc or PDF with the recommender's email address so they can complete their application. Applications will not be reviewed until the office receives all components, including the letters of recommendation.
Qualifications for student to receive invitation to apply to Honors Program:
- High school seniors:
- rank in the top 20% of your high school class
- score at least 1190 on the SAT, or a 26 on the ACT
- Transfer students (regardless of prior Honors experience at college level)
- minimum 3.5 cumulative collegiate grade-point average
- minimum SAT 1190 or ACT 26, in accord with Wilkes University Admissions policies (only if still have minimum of six remaining undergraduate terms)
Current Wilkes students with a minimum 3.5 cumulative collegiate grade-point average and a minimum of six remaining undergraduate terms can utilize the Wilkes University online application.
Decisions are made on a rolling basis, with the aim of a four-week decision response time and two-week student acceptance/rejection response time:
- Jan. 15 - priority application deadline (Jan. 5 for current students)
- April 15 - final application deadline
- April 25 - final decisions issued
- May 1 - final acceptance/rejection deadline
- May 7 - final review of wait list, decisions issued