Congratulations to SBL graduate Claire Hertz '11,
Winner of ASBO International's Distinguished Eagle Award
Advance school business operations in your district. Enroll in our online master of science degree in School Business Leadership.
Wilkes University partnered with the Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials (PASBO) to offer this unique master’s program. The 30-credit program was developed to address the key issues school business leaders face in today’s education environment. While the program is designed for practicing school business personnel, it can also prepare those who are seeking positions in the field. Without related work experience, you may wish to consult additional resources for appropriate background information, however this is not mandatory.
This program is offered completely online, meaning visits to campus are not required. This convenient format allows you to learn from anywhere and participate at a time of the day that suits you best, while still experiencing a high level of interaction with instructors and peers. Courses are structured into week-long units with readings, class discussions and various assignments – all with established due dates.
- SBL 501 Public Relations and School Communications
- SBL 502 School Facility Management
- SBL 503 Financial Operations of School Districts
- SBL 504 Financial Planning & Management for School Business
- SBL 505 Human Resources in Education
- SBL 506 Materials Management in School
- SBL 507 Information Technology in Education
- SBL 508 Student Transportation
- SBL 509 Food Service in Education
- SBL 510 Leadership for School Business
Applicants must submit
- Online application
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- Two letters of recommendations
You may take individual courses without pursuing the degree, but an application is still required.
Wilkes University also offers a fully online Accelerated Bachelor's in Business Administration with a concentration in school business. For more information, please contact