Students who are interested in taking Spanish (e.g. SP 101: Elementary Spanish I) but have not previously taken a Spanish course at Wilkes, will need to complete the Spanish Placement Test. If you have not completed this test, you will be unable to register for SP 101.
Once completed, tests will be scored automatically. Beginning the day following completion of the test, students will be able to register for the Spanish course for which they are eligible according to the chart below.
|Less than 70%||Eligible for SP 101|
|70-90%||Eligible for SP 102|
|Greater than 90%||Eligible for SP 203|
Directions for completing the test are provided below.
Any questions about this process can be directed to the Chair of the Division of Global Cultures, Dr. Chris Zarpentine (570-408-4597; email@example.com).
How to Register & Complete the Placement Test
- Login to D2L at live.wilkes.edu/ with your Wilkes username/password.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, in the LIVE Tools widget, select Self Registration.
- Select Spanish Placement Test.
- When prompted, select "register", "submit" and "finish."
- Once you register, you will find the course on your D2L homepage under “Ongoing” courses.
- Select Spanish Placement Test and follow the instructions on the screen to begin the quiz.