The Nesbitt School of Pharmacy is dedicated to providing exceptional training to pharmacy residents and the advancement of the profession by offering a Pharmacy Resident Teaching and Learning Program (TLP), which is available to all area pharmacy residents. The purpose of the program is to prepare pharmacy residents to enter clinical practice with the knowledge and skills necessary to create valuable learning experiences for professional learners they will likely precept.
The TLP is a 10-month, hybrid (online and in-person) program hosted at the University by its Faculty. The program is lead by its coordinator, Daniel Longyhore, and each resident is assigned a mentor from the Faculty. Residents are appointed instructors in the School of Pharmacy and host student sections of a service learning course (Longitudinal Care) as well as serve as lecturers in the Alternative Medicine & Nutrition course.
If you are interested in discussing the Teaching & Learning Program at Wilkes, please email Dr. Longyhore.
Affilliated programs include :
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice - Geisinger Wyoming Valley
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice - Moses Taylor
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice - Wilkes-Barre VAMC
Other Regional programs include:
- PGY1 Managed Care - Geisinger Health Plan
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice - Geisinger Medical Center
- PGY2 Oncology - Geisinger Medical Center
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice - Lebanon VA Medical Center
- PGY2 Ambulatory Care - Lebanon VA Medical Center
- PGY2 Pharmacy Administration - Lebanon VA Medical Center
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice - Lehigh Valley Hospital
- PGY2 Pediatrics - Lehigh Valley Hospital
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice - St. Luke's University Hospital