At Wilkes University, your textbooks are paid for.
Yep, you read that right.
Starting in Fall 2023, your textbooks and course materials are paid for and will be ready prior to the first day of class. All you have to do is return them once the semester concludes. Wilkes is proud to be one of only three schools in Pennsylvania, and 80 nationally, to offer this program.
The Colonels Are Covered program is offered in partnership with Barnes & Noble’s First Day Complete®. All new and current degree-seeking undergraduate students are automatically enrolled.
- A month before classes start, you’ll receive an email from Barnes & Noble to review your courses and choose how you wish to receive your materials.
- You'll receive an email notification when your order is ready for pickup from the Colonel Corner or when it ships, depending on which option you chose. Digital materials will be delivered within LIVE/D2L.
- All materials will be ready for you prior to your first day of class.
- At the end of the semester, you’ll receive instructions for returning your books and materials through a free and convenient process.
- Want to hang on to your books? You can purchase them after your course concludes.
That's it. See? We got you covered.
- It’s convenient. Our all-inclusive program makes receiving your books easy and stress-free.
- It’s affordable. Enjoy incredible cost savings with this lended-book program.
- It’s accessible. Textbooks will help you be the best student possible and you are automatically enrolled in the program as you register for courses.
Studies show that students who struggle academically often do not have textbooks and required course materials. Colonels Are Covered not only saves you money and work; it helps you become a better student, too. And by excelling at Wilkes, you are preparing for the life and career of your dreams, just as these grads have.
This is just one way that we work to make your college experience as successful and stress-free as possible. We know that you can succeed, and for decades we’ve helped students like you achieve more than they thought possible. So let us give you one less thing to worry about. And, since books can be expensive, one less thing to pay for, too. In fact, our math shows this can save you up to $1,600 per year.
Watch for an email this July to select how you wish to receive your textbooks. Have questions in the meantime? See our FAQ below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What does the program cover?
The program provides all required textbooks, lab manuals, access codes and digital textbook versions to eligible students.
- What is not covered?
The program does not include consumables that cannot be returned and reused such as lab goggles, art supplies, dissection kits, molecular model kids, engineering kits or nursing kits. It also does not include texts that are “recommended” or “optional” rather than required by professors.
- Which students are eligible for the Colonels Are Covered program?
New and returning matriculating (degree-seeking) undergraduate students are automatically enrolled in the program. At this time, graduate students and students in the Young Scholars program are not eligible.
- Which semesters are covered by the program?
The program begins in fall 2023 and covers future fall and spring semesters.
- Can I keep my books and materials at the end of the semester?
Yes, students have the ability to purchase their books and course materials after the course concludes. Instructions will be shared with you at the conclusion of the semester.
- How do I order my books?
Approximately one month before classes, you will receive an email from Barnes & Noble (email@example.com) to review your courses and choose how you wish to receive your materials.
- How do I receive my books?
You will be able to choose two options for receiving your materials:
- You can pick them up for free from the Colonel Corner located in the Henry Student Center.
- You can opt to have them shipped to you for a flat fee of $8.99.
Electronic materials will be available in LIVE/D2L, the Wilkes online learning management system.
- How do I return my books?
Instructions will be shared prior to the end of the semester outlining free and convenient ways to return your course materials.
- How much does this cost me?
Books and required course materials are 100% covered by Wilkes.
- What happens if I add or drop a course?
If you add or drop a course, you will be provided instructions for returning your course materials and/or delivery options for materials for any new courses that you add.
- What happens if I don’t return my books at the end of the semester?
If you do not return your books by the due date, your account may be charged the purchase price.