Diversity, Equity, and Social Justice Resources
The following resources are to help you engage and understand the current context of racial injustice and systematic racism.
- How Science and Genetics are Reshaping the Race Debate of the 21st Century
- Race Is a Social Construct, Scientists Argue
- Anti-racism Resources - A compilation of resources
- Talking about Race From the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Race in American in 2019 by Pew Research
- So You Want to Talk About Race? by Ijeoma Oluo
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander ( advanced)
- The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard For White People To Talk About Racism by Robin Diangelo
- Native Lives Matter compiled by the Lakota People’s Law Project
- Racism Without Racists: Color-Blind Racism and the Persistence of Racial Inequality in America by Eduardo Bonilla-Silva
- 1619 Project collective authors from The New York Times Magazine
- How Managers Can (and Should) Address Race and Violence in The News
- Building a Better Workplace for Black Employees
- Black Owned Businesses You Can Support Right Now: LA Businesses Chicago Businesses NYC Businesses
- Where is the human in humanity? Barbara Whye, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer at Intel
- 10 Actions You Can Take to Promote Racial Justice in the Workplace
- New England Revolution Soccer Team Tackles CHANGE: Conversations. Help. Amplify. Nurture. Galvanize.Educate.
- Thoughts are one things, taking action is another. Start-up leaders look for steps to fight racial injustice
- Seeing White; A 14 part documentary series exploring witness in America. Hosted by John Biewen (2017), Scene on Radio, Center for Documentary Studies, Duke University
- 1619; Hosted by Nikole Hannah-Jones. Part of the 1619 Project, major initiatives form the New York Times
- Color Blind or Color Brave by Mellody Hobson ( March 2014)
- Watch a panel discussion with Dr. Phillip Atiba Goff, Rashad Robinson, Dr. Bernice King, and Anthony D. Romero on ending systemic racism in America.
- Learn about how to build an antiracist world from Dr. Ibram X. Kendi
- For Once, Don't Do it | Nike
- Racism has a cost for everyone by Heather C. McGhee
- Systemic Racism Explained in 4 Minute Video
- Take these eight steps to become a better ally in the fight for racial justice
- Discover the negative impact racism has on the economy, explained by public policy expert Heather C. McGee
- Ask yourself these three questions to decide when to speak up about racism.
- Watch Kimberlé Williams Crenshaw’s essential talk on intersectionality.
- Hear some hard truths about the American justice system in this legendary talk from Bryan Stevenson, author of Just Mercy.
We encourage entities to take the time to organize events that will further support the work against state-sanctioned violence. Below are some options with resources/guides.
|Event Idea||Resource/How-To Guide|
Healing Circle for the Black Community
(p.14 has facilitation guide for healing circle)
Letter Writing Campaign for Black Mamas and Incarcerated Survivors of Violence
Virtual Campaign Effort: highlighting facts regarding violence against Black Women and LGBTQ folks
Study Guide for organizing against police violence towards Black Women and Women of Color