The English Language Center provides specially designed programs for groups, including a variety of English for Specific Purposes (ESP), short-term academic, and teacher training programs.
We can create tailored English-language instruction programs for:
- government agencies
- non-governmental organizations
The mission of the Wilkes University English for Specific Purposes programs is to conduce needs assessments to provide participants the necessary English skills and strategies in listening, speaking, reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary to succeed in their professions. The ESP Programs at Wilkes University specifically aim to address learners’ needs through innovative teaching methods, providing highly relevant content material and activities, and immersing students in the language needed to expand upon, and refine, core knowledge and skills, to successfully participate in the global community in English.
ESP Programs Outcomes
- Develop critical thinking and analysis in written and oral communication.
- Improve understanding of specialized content and technical vocabulary in English by engaging with top professionals in the field.
- Develop advanced grammatical structures in spoken and written specialized
- Improve reading, writing and research skills in area of expertise.
- Develop skills needed to comprehend and communicate in area of expertise in
- Provide opportunities to audit content area classes in field of expertise.
- 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday: academic coursework
- Monday through Friday evenings: social, cultural and linguistic activities geared toward improving content area knowledge
- Saturday/Sunday: social, cultural and linguistic activities
Sample Programs Available
- English for Specific Purposes: Business/Finance
- English for Specific Purposes: Education
- English for Specific Purposes: Hospitality/Customer Service
- English for Specific Purposes: Health
- English for Specific Purposes: Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM)
Dirección de Academia Diplomática, Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores
Request a Proposal
To request a proposal, contact:
Director of International Admissions