The ELC has created specialized teacher training and professional programs for governmental institutions, educational institutions and private companies.
Special Program Benefits
Special programs are designed and tailored towards groups of students with specific English language learning goals. These programs combine cultural activities with specialized language learning. Programs can coordinate with academic departments on campus and enabling participants to work with professors who specialize in their discipline while simultaneously taking courses to improve language skills.
Students enrolled in special programs have the opportunity to interact with American professionals in their fields, and to experience the culture and study how it impacts their profession or learning interest.
Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL)
Wilkes works with international partners to organize virtual exchange opportunities for students, faculty and the local community. Our previous experience in this area includes a variety of faculty-led COIL opportunities for undergraduate students to interact with international students abroad as well as a multi-year relationship beween a local elementary school and pre-service Japanese teachers in Japan.
Interested in developing a special program?
The English Language Center at Wilkes University is excited to collaborate with you on building a personalized program of study. For more information, contact:
Director, English Language Center
- ESL instruction to Japanese and Korean university students
- Diplomatic English and leadership training to Panamanian diplomats
- English language training for Panamanian international airport staff
- English for Specific Purposes (ESP) programming for Panamanian police
- EFL Methodology training for K to 12 pre-service and in-service teachers from Japan and Panama
- Collaborative Online International Education (COIL)
- English teacher training (SIOP)
- English for Specific Purposes programs
- Hospitality/Customer Service
- Law Enforcement
- Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM)