The ELC has created specialized teacher training and professional programs for governmental institutions, educational institutions and private companies.
Special Program Benefits
Special programs are designed and tailored towards groups of students with specific English language learning goals. These programs combine cultural activities with specialized language learning. Programs can coordinate with academic departments on campus and enabling participants to work with professors who specialize in their discipline while simultaneously taking courses to improve language skills.
Students enrolled in special programs have the opportunity to interact with American professionals in their fields, and to experience the culture and study how it impacts their profession or learning interest.
- ESL instruction to Japanese and Korean university students
- Diplomatic English and leadership training to Panamanian diplomats
- EFL Methodology training for K to 12 pre-service and in-service teachers from Japan and Panama
- Collaborative Online International Education (COIL)
- English teacher training (SIOP)
- English for Specific Purposes programs
- Hospitality/Customer Service
- Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM)