Learn how to think on your feet with Wilkes University's Speech and Debate Team! Students can gain experience in research, creating and delivering informative and persuasive content.
Oct. 20-23 | Ottawa, Canada
- Practicum credit is offered for students that participate on the team.
- Competitors have the chance to compete in Parliamentary Debate and a wide variety of Interpretative, Public Address, and Limited Preparation Events.
- The team hosts two tournaments each year for high school and university students.
- Students also have an opportunity to be inducted into Pi Kappa Delta, the National Speech and Debate Honor Society.
As a member of the Speech and Debate club, students will...
- Analyze all viewpoints of current and relevant topics.
- Learn how to cross examine and research topics that relate to real world scenarios.
- Practice creating and delivering informative and persuasive speeches through extemporaneous formats.
- Select literary pieces and develop expression and intonation through dramatic delivery.
- Build out impromptu presentations on current events, policy questions and literary quotations with limited preparation timeframe.
- Christopher Perez | President
- Lindsey Scorey | Vice President
- Abigail Zim | Secretary/Treasurer
- Christine Mellon | Faculty Advisor
All team practices are held in Room 126 in the Karambelas Media and Communication Center.