The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) safeguards humane care for animals used in research, teaching and testing according to federal guidelines and regulations.
- Semiannually review the University's program for the humane care and use of animals.
- Semiannually inspect the University's animal facility.
- Prepare reports to the Institutional Official (IO) of these evaluations.
- Review animal welfare concerns.
- Make recommendations on animal research, facilities or personnel training.
- Review and approve research protocols related to the care and use of animals.
- Be authorized to suspend any activity involving animals.
- Linda Gutierrez (Biology, Chair)
- Mark Stair (Veterinarian)
- Erin Berlew (Unaffiliated member)
- Ryan Henry (Pharmacy)
- Shealyn Marino (Biology, Animal Facility Manager)
- Edward Schicatano (Psychology/Neuroscience)
- Robert Seeley (Economics)
- Mike Steele (Biology)