Diversity, Equity, and Social Justice Resources
The following resources are to help you engage and understand the current context of racial injustice and systematic racism.
- How Science and Genetics are Reshaping the Race Debate of the 21st Century
- Race Is a Social Construct, Scientists Argue
- Anti-racism Resources - A compilation of resources
- Talking about Race From the National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Race in American in 2019 by Pew Research
- So You Want to Talk About Race? by Ijeoma Oluo
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander ( advanced)
- The Warmth of Other Suns by Isabel Wilkerson
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard For White People To Talk About Racism by Robin Diangelo
- Native Lives Matter compiled by the Lakota People’s Law Project
- Racism Without Racists: Color-Blind Racism and the Persistence of Racial Inequality in America by Eduardo Bonilla-Silva
- 1619 Project collective authors from The New York Times Magazine
- How Managers Can (and Should) Address Race and Violence in The News
- Building a Better Workplace for Black Employees
- Black Owned Businesses You Can Support Right Now LA Businesses Chicago Businesses NYC Businesses
- Where is the human in humanity? Barbara Whye, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer at Intel
- 10 Actions You Can Take to Promote Racial Justice in the Workplace
- New England Revolution Soccer Team Tackles CHANGE: Conversations. Help. Amplify. Nurture. Galvanize.Educate.
- Thoughts are one things, taking action is another. Start-up leaders look for steps to fight racial injustice
- Seeing White; A 14 part documentary series exploring witness in America. Hosted by John Biewen (2017), Scene on Radio, Center for Documentary Studies, Duke University
- 1619; Hosted by Nikole Hannah-Jones. Part of the 1619 Project, major initiatives form the New York Times
- Color Blind or Color Brave by Mellody Hobson ( March 2014)
- Watch a recent panel discussion with Dr. Phillip Atiba Goff, Rashad Robinson, Dr. Bernice King, and Anthony D. Romero on ending systemic racism in America.
- Learn about how to build an antiracist world from Dr. Ibram X. Kendi
- For Once, Don't Do it - Nike video
- Racism has a cost for everyone by Heather C. McGhee
- Systemic Racism Explained in 4 Minute Video
- Take these eight steps to become a better ally in the fight for racial justice
- Discover the negative impact racism has on the economy, explained by public policy expert Heather C. McGee
- Ask yourself these three questions to decide when to speak up about racism.
- Watch Kimberlé Williams Crenshaw’s essential talk on intersectionality.
- Hear some hard truths about the American justice system in this legendary talk from Bryan Stevenson, author of Just Mercy.
- 26 Ways To Be in The Struggle Beyond The Streets
- Legal Support
- Articles and resources around Racial Justice and Healthcare Disparities
- Paper Clip training tools: Racial Identity and Dynamics
- Paper Clip training tools: Train Student Leader on Diversity and Social Justice
We encourage entities to take the time to organize events that will further support the work against state-sanctioned violence. Below are some options with resources/guides.
Healing Circle for the Black Community
(p.14 has facilitation guide for healing circle)
Letter Writing Campaign for Black Mamas and Incarcerated Survivors of Violence
Virtual Campaign Effort: highlighting facts regarding violence against Black Women and LGBTQ folks
Study Guide for organizing against police violence towards Black Women and Women of Color