Wilkes University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, external websitewhich was most recently reaffirmed in 2020. Professional accreditations and affiliations
- American Chemical Society
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacist Commission on Credentialing
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing/master's degree in nursing/Doctor of Nursing Practice/, and post graduate APRN certificate programs at Wilkes University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education external website.
More information about academic programs with accreditation or certification.
Rankings and Recognitions
For 90 years, Wilkes has been dedicated to preparing students for lifelong success by providing an education they’ll value for life. We’re open and accepting to all. And we always will be. Many renowned organizations have recognized this commitment. Read on for our national rankings and recognitions.
Ranked 14th overall in helping students improve their income after graduation -- read more about Brookings Institution
- 25th in the nation for economic value
U.S. News and World Report
Ranked for 20 consecutive years -- read more about U.S. News and World Report
- Ranked #269 of national universities
- Top performer for social mobility
- Ranked #319 of BSN programs
- Ranked #155 of engineering bachelor’s-degree programs
- Ranked #279 of national universities
- Recognized for "Best Bang for the Buck," highlighting schools that help students pursue a marketable degree at an affordable price
Based on rigorous analysis of academic, admissions, financial, and student life data from the U.S. Department of Education along with millions of reviews from students and alumni.
- Ranked in the top 50% for Best Colleges in the U.S. (667)
- Ranked in the top 40% for Top Private Universities in the U.S (446)
The Princeton Review
- Best northeastern college
G.I. Jobs Magazine
- Proud military friendly school for ten consecutive years -- learn why
CollegeNET Social Mobility Index
- Top ranked institution in Luzerne County for educational access and opportunity and within top 25 percent of independent institutions ranked nationally - read more about CollegeNET
Georgetown Center on Education and the Workforce
- Top 10% in return on investment for graduates