Need help with your writing?
The staff of the Writing Center is trained to assist all writers at Wilkes.
About the Writing Center
As a peer mentoring-based academic support resource, the Wilkes Writing Center is the central location and delivery agency for the Writing Mentor Program. It is staffed by undergraduate peer consultants and a graduate assistant.
- Assistance for all Wilkes University students, staff and faculty.
- Support for writing that pertains to any aspect of a client's studies or professional work.
- ESL/ELL-specific academic support services.
- In-person and online writing consultation services.
- Assistance for students, staff and faculty writers during any relevant stages in their writing processes.
- Discipline-specific writing consultation services.
- Co-curricular work-study employment opportunities that promote academic and professional development.
The Wilkes University Writing Center exists to provide students, faculty and staff with free academic support services that complement writing across the disciplines, thereby promoting academic excellence.
Augmenting and reinforcing writing instruction practices across the disciplines, the Writing Center is principally dedicated to supporting student writers as they engage in coursework that prepares them for lifelong learning, graduate studies and a variety of professional careers. For both its staff and clients, the Writing Center also provides educational and co-curricular experiences that foster written and oral communication skills, critical thinking capacities, research abilities and academic and professional development.
- Supporting the development of written communication, oral communication, and research skills that enable innovative academic inquiry, scholarship, and lifelong learning.
- Supporting the development of critical thinking skills relevant to the various programs of study offered by the university.
- Providing academic, personal, and professional mentoring experiences that prepare students for lifelong learning, rewarding careers and creative and meaningful lives.