Dr. Mu joined Wilkes University as an assistant professor in August of 2017. Mu’s teaching interests are primarily in the fields of solid mechanics, design and manufacturing. He has been teaching courses such as Scientific Programming, CADD Lab, Statics, Strength of Materials, Finite Element Methods, and Additive Manufacturing. He is also serving as the director of the newly founded Additive Manufacturing Lab at Wilkes.
- M.S. and Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- B.S., Engineering Mechanics, Dalian University of Technology
Mu’s areas of research interests include smart materials, active polymers, photo-polymerization and additive manufacturing.
- Ding, L., Dai, N., Mu, X., Xie, S., Fan, X., Li, D., Cheng, X., (2019). Design of soft multi-material pneumatic actuators based on principal strain field. Materials and Design, doi: 10.1016/j.matdes.2019.108000
- Wang, J., Mu, X., Li, D., Yu, C., Cheng, X., Dai, N., (2019). Modeling and Application of Planar-to-3D Structures via Optically Programmed Frontal Photopolymerization. Advanced Engineering Materials, doi: 10.1002/adem.201801279
- Yuan, C., Mu, X., Dunn, C., Haidar, J., Wang, T., Qi, H. J., (2018). Thermomechanically triggered two-stage pattern switching of 2D lattices for adaptive structures. Advanced Functional Materials, doi: 10.1002/adfm.201705727
- Mu, X., Bertron, T., Dunn, C., Qiao, H., Wu, J., Zhao, Z., Saldana, C., Qi, H.J., (2017). Porous polymeric materials by 3D printing of photocurable resin. Materials Horizons, doi:10.1039/c7mh00084g
- Zhao, Z., Mu, X., Wu, J., Qi, H.J., Fang, D., (2016). Effects of oxygen on interfacial strength of incremental forming of materials by photopolymerization. Extreme Mechanics Letter, doi:10.1016/j.eml.2016.05.012
- Zhao, Z., Mu, X., Sowan, N., Pei, Y., Bowman, C. N., Jerry Qi, H., & Fang, D. (2015). Effects of oxygen on light activation in covalent adaptable network polymers. Soft Matter, doi:10.1039/c5sm00555h
- Mu, X., Sowan, N., Tumbic, J. A., Bowman, C. N., Mather, P. T., & Qi, H. J. (2015). Photo-induced bending in a light-activated polymer laminated composite. Soft Matter, doi:10.1039/c4sm02592j
- Ma, J., Mu, X., Bowman, C. N., Sun, Y., Dunn, M. L., Qi, H. J., & Fang, D. (2014). A photoviscoplastic model for photoactivated covalent adaptive networks. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, doi:10.1016/j.jmps.2014.05.008