Degrees with fields, institution, and date
Ph.D. Electrical Engineering Penn. State University, University Park, PA 1990
M.S. Electrical Engineering Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 1979
M.Sc Electrical Engineering University of Madras, India 1972
B.E. Electrical Engineering University of Madras, India 1969
Years in academia, date of original appointment, and date(s) of promotion
· 24 years
Other related experience
· Visiting Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA. (while on sabbatical leave during Fall 1998)
· Teaching and Research Assistant, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Penn State; 1980-84.
· Teaching Assistant, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Oklahoma State University; 1978-79.
· Associate Lecturer, Dept of Electrical Engg, Coimbatore Inst. of Technology, India; 1971-78.
Consulting, patents, etc.
· Consultant: Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, Archbald, PA, Jun 2005-Jan 2006
· Consultant: Performance Motor Industries, Inc., Fairfield, NJ, July 1996.
· Consultant, Pennsylvania Power & Lighting Company, Berwick, PA, 1986-87
· Project Director, "Glass Defect Inspection System" funded under the Ben Franklin Partnership Scheme for Schott Glass Technologies, Duryea, PA, from Oct. 1991 - Sept. 1993.
States in which registeredPennsylvania (P.E. Electrical)
Scientific and professional societies
· Senior Member, IEEE
Professional development activities
· Conferences and Seminars
Institutional and professional service
Percentage of time available for research or scholarly activities:10%
Principal publications of last five years
· An Elective Course for Electrical Engineering Graduate Students, International Conference on Engineering Education (ICEE) 2008, Pecs-Budapest, Hungary, July 27-31, 2008.
· Conceptual Design Report of Silicon Carbide Neutron Detector-Phase II , Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, Archbald, PA, August 2007.
· An Engineering Curriculum Designed for Sustainable Development , 2nd International Conference on Engineering Education & Training (ICEET-2), Kuwait, April 3-7, 2007
· Global Trends in Engineering Program Accreditation,34th Engineering Education Symposium Istanbul, Turkey, September 12-15, 2005
· A Dynamic Engineering Curriculum, 33rd International Symposium IGIP/IEEE/ASEE, Fribourg, Switzerland, September 27-30, 2004.
· "Design of A Pump Setup for Fluid Mechanics Laboratory," paper # 2006-264, published and presented at the ASEE Conference and Expo. Chicago 18-21 June 2006.
Outstanding Faculty Award
, 1988-89, 1993, 1995, and 2004