Shawn Loyack was born in Pennsylvania but was raised in several states throughout the USA including Nebraska, New Mexico and Texas. Shawn received her bachelor’s in Art Education from Marywood University and master’s from King’s College. She is currently pursuing her PhD in Leadership from Alvernia University. After 7+ years in college admission, Shawn made the career change to the Wilkes University admissions team in 2023.
- Favorite place on campus: I enjoy the green outdoor spaces.
- Best college advice for prospective students: Embrace the journey and be open to change. College is a transformative process where you will change and grow. Don’t be so stuck in your own “plan” that you miss the unexpected opportunities.
- Finish this sentence: On Sunday mornings, you could find me… Enjoying a cup of peppermint tea on the porch or cuddled up on the sofa watching cartoons.
- Favorite season and seasonal activity/hobby: My favorite season is fall and I enjoy going on walks/hikes while enjoying the fall colors and fresh fall air.
- Favorite quote: “Normality is a paved road: It’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.” – Vincent Van Gough