Dr. Kristina M. Powers is a native of northeastern Pennsylvania who joined Wilkes University as an Adjunct Clinical Instructor and Experiential Coordinator in the Department of Pharmacy Practice in 2015. Dr. Powers has pharmacy-related work experience in community and hospital settings. She has many responsibilities in the experimental program and has a clinical practice site at the Geisinger Call Center in Wilkes-Barre.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Wilkes University, 2011
Certificates and Certifications
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Pharmacy Based Immunization Delivery
- Medication Therapy Management Certificate
- Experiential Teaching: Preceptor for APPE Elective in Clinical Telepharmacy, Preceptor for IPPE IV
- Course Coordinator for IPPE I and IV
- Co-Coordinator for IPPE II
- Shah, Vicky, Pharm.D., BCPS; Powers, Kristina, Pharm.D; Kristin Veltri, Pharm.D; Erika Zarfoss, Pharm.D. “Factors that Influence Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience Selection.” American Journal of Pharmacy Education. September 2019.
- Peck A, Powers, K, Holt-Macey S. Incorporating Telepharmacy in Pharmacy Practice Experience. Poster presentation at the Annual Meeting of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP). Boston MA. 2018 Jul.
- Powers K, Shah V. Factors that Influence Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience Selection. Poster presentation at the Annual Meeting of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP), Boston MA. 2018 Jul.
- Peck A, Holt-Macey S, Powers K. Incorporating Telepharmacy in Pharmacy Practice Experience. Poster presentation at the Midyear Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association (PPA) Conference. Lancaster PA. 2018 Jan.
- Shah V, Franko T, Pezzino N, Powers K. Impact of a Structured Residency Preparation Program on Match Results. Poster presentation at the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) Midyear Clinical Meeting. Las Vegas NV. 2017 May.
- Shah, Vicky, Pharm.D., BCPS; Franko, Thomas, Pharm.D.; Pezzino, Nicole, Pharm.D.; Powers, Kristina, Pharm.D. “Impact of a Structured Residency Preparation Program on Match Results.” American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. May 2017.
- Wilkes University School of Pharmacy Curriculum Committee
- Wilkes University Staff Advisory Committee
- Member, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Member, Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association
- Member, Northeast PA Society of Health System Pharmacists
Selected Honors and Awards
- Wilkes University Academic Support Award
- Phi Lambda Sigma Leadership Society
- Rho Chi Honor Society