Judith L. DeLuca received her Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from University of Kentucky in 1992 and completed post-graduate residency training in critical care at Hermann Hospital, Houston, Texas in 1997. Prior to joining the Wilkes faculty in 2002, she was a clinical hospital pharmacist and specialized in critical care pharmacy. She is currently the Chair and Professor in the Department of Pharmacy Practice.
Dr. DeLuca is Board Certified in Pharmacotherapy Support (BCPS). Her practice and research interests include the pharmacist’s role in improving the safe and effective use of medications as patients transition from hospital to home.
Education and Training
- PharmD: University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- Critical Care Residency: Hermann Hosptial, Houston, TX
Certificates and Certifications
- BCPS (Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Support)
- Cardiovascular and Renal Pharmacotherapeutics
- Pharmacy Foundations
- Clinical Research and Design
- Clinical Pharmacokinetics
- Manning D and Kristeller J. Pharmacy Transitions of Care and Culture. Hospital Pharmacy; First published Aug 8, 2017. http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0018578717724887
- Kristeller J, Snyder F, Kong F, Musheno M. Collaboration between hospital and community pharmacists to improve medication management from hospital to home. Innovations in Pharmacy. 2017;8(2):1-8.*
- Scalese MJ, Kristeller JL, Hoot E, Kong F. A case-based approach for teaching medication safety to pharmacy students. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2015: 458-464.*
- Kristeller J, Jankowski A, Reinaker T. Role of corticosteroids during cardiopulmonary bypass. Hosp Pharm 2014;49(3):232-236.*
- Kristeller J. Guest Editorial. Transition of Care: Pharmacist help needed. Hosp Pharm 2014;49(3):215-216.
- Kristeller JL., Fluids, Electrolytes and Nutrition. 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 American College of Clinical Pharmacy Pharmacotherapy Prepatory Course.
- Kristeller JL. Critical Care. 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 American College of Clinical Pharmacy Pharmacotherapy Prepatory Course.
- Judith Kristeller, Gerald Zavorsky, John Prior, Doris Keating, Mary Ann Brady, Theresa Romaldini, Tiera Hickman, Russell Stahl. Lack of Effectiveness of Sodium Bicarbonate in Preventing Kidney Injury in Patients Undergoing Cardiac Surgery: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Pharmacotherapy 2013:33(7):710-717.*
- Dager WD, Bolesta S, Brophy G, Dell K, Gerlach A, Kristeller J, et al. An Opinion Paper outlining Recommendations for Training, Credentialing, and Documenting and Justifying Critical Care Pharmacy Services. Pharmacotherapy 2011;31(8):135e-175e.
- Guinter, JR, Kristeller JL. A Review of the Efficacy and Safety of Prolonged Infusion of Dexmedetomidine. AJHP 2010;67:1246-53.*
- Kristeller JL. Endocrine Syndromes in the ICU. In: Dunsworth T, Richarson M, Chant C, Cheng JWM, Chessman KH, Hume AL, et al, eds. Pharmacotherapy Self-Assessment Program, 6th ed. Pulmonary and Critical Care. Lenexa, Kan.: American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2008:145-162.
- Kristeller JL, Roslund B, Stahl RF. Benefits and risks of aprotinin use during cardiac surgery. Pharmacotherapy 2008; 28:112-124.*
- Kristeller JL, Stahl RF, Roslund B, Roke-Thomas M. Aprotinin in cardiac surgery patients at low risk for blood transfusion. Pharmacotherapy 2007;27(7):988-944.*
- Kristeller JL, Papps H, Stahl R. Worsening renal function following heart surgery: Effect of nesiritide in high-risk patients. AJHP 2006; 63:2351-3.*
- 2015 Final Forum Lecture
- 2013-2014 Wilkes University Full Year Sabbatical
- 2011 Lambda Kappa Sigma National Advisor Award