Dr. Dominick P. Trombetta
- Stark Learning Center
- (570) 408-4324
Dr. Trombetta is currently an Associate Professor of Pharmacy at Wilkes University, Nesbitt School of Pharmacy. Dr. Trombetta's area of practice is geriatrics/internal medicine and he maintains a clinical practice at Allied Services Rehabilitation Hospital in Scranton, Pennsylvania. His services include the pain management in addition to rounding with the internal medicine team. Dr. Trombetta is a member of the American Association Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP), American College of Clinical Pharmacists (ACCP), and the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP). In addition to his academic position, Dr. Trombetta maintains an independent consultant pharmacy practice which includes long-term care resident medication regimen review.
Education and Training
- BS, Temple University, School of Pharmacy
- Pharm.D., Shenandoah University
Certificates and Certifications
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
- Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (CGP)
- Fellow, American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (FASCP)
- Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE), Internal Medicine/Geriatrics
- Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE), Faculty Clinical Practice
- Pharmacotherapeutics of CNS Disorders/Pharmaceutical Care Lab
- Longitudinal Care Course Coordinator
- Manning, D. and D. P. Trombetta (2015). Navigating beyond the Milky Way: geriatric nutrition beyond milkshakes and mush (webinar).
- Trombetta, D. P. (2014). Navigating the milky way: geriatric nutrition beyond milk shakes and mush. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association. PA.
- Trombetta, D. P. (2015). Navigating the milky way: geriatric nutrition beyond milk shakes and mush (encore presentation) (webinar). Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association. Wilkes-Barre, PA.
- Trombetta, D. P., A. Holyk, Miller, R. (2014). Inappropriate dosing of ferrous sulfate in rehabilitation patients. American Society of Health System Pharmacists Midyear Meeting. Anaheim, CA.
- Trombetta, Dominick P., Capitano, Rachel, Weinberger, Ricahrd. Implementation of protocol for blood glucose monitoring in patients with type 2 diabetes in the rehabilitation setting. American Society of Health System Pharmacists Midyear Meeting, Orlando, Florida, December 9, 2013.
- Trombetta, Dominick P., Biedny, Jessica, Ritter, Brittany. Willingness of physicians to share medication records to maintain continuity of care. American Society of Health System Pharmacists Midyear Meeting, Orlando, Florida, December 9, 2013.
- Trombetta, Dominick P.,Stambaugh, Alyson, Caffiero, Nicole. The effect of acetaminophen on the international normalized ratio (INR) in rehabilitation in patients taking warfarin. American Society of Health System Pharmacists Midyear Meeting, Orlando, Florida, December 9, 2013.
- Updates in Therapeutics®: Pharmacotherapy Board Preparatory Review and Recertification Course, American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2014. April 11, 2014. Audience: pharmacists.
- “Osteoarthritis” in Applied Therapeutics 10th Ed. published 2013.
- “Kidneys” in Basic Skills in Interpreting Clinical Lab Data 15th 2013
- Podium Presentation:: “Tramadol and chemical dependence- Can it lead to continued dependence?”American College of Clinical Pharmacists Annual Meeting, October 22, 2012.
- Poster Presentation, An Interprofessional Model using medical Residents and Pharmacy Students: The Effects on Diabetes Education. AACP Annual Meeting and Seminars, July-15-16, 2012.
- Chapter Reviewer, Handbook of Non Prescription Drugs, 2013
- Ambulatory Care Self-Assessment Program Book 1 (Endocrinology/Rheumatology), 2013
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Allied Services Rehabilitation Hospital
Selected Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Faculty, Nesbitt School of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy and Nursing, Wilkes University, 2006.