Dr. Trombetta is currently an Associate Professor of Pharmacy at Wilkes University, Nesbitt School of Pharmacy. Dr. Trombetta's area of practice is geriatrics/internal medicine and he maintains a clinical practice at Allied Services Rehabilitation Hospital in Scranton, Pennsylvania. His services include the pain management in addition to rounding with the internal medicine team. Dr. Trombetta is a member of the American Association Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP), American College of Clinical Pharmacists (ACCP), and the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (ASCP).
Education and Training
- BS, Temple University, School of Pharmacy
- Pharm.D., Shenandoah University
Certificates and Certifications
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
- Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (CGP)
- Fellow, American Society of Consultant Pharmacists (FASCP)
- Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE), Internal Medicine/Geriatrics
- Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE), Faculty Clinical Practice
- Pharmacotherapeutics of CNS Disorders/Pharmaceutical Care Lab
- Longitudinal Care Course Coordinator
- Franko, Thomas and Trombetta, Dominick. Impact of an innovative pain elective course on student beliefs and attitudes towards opioid medication use. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. September 2018. Volume 10, Issue 9. P.1248-63. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cptl.2018.06.002
- “Osteoarthritis” in Applied Therapeutics 11th Ed. published 2017.
- “Kidneys” in Basic Skills in Interpreting Clinical Lab Data 6th 2017
- Trombetta, D, Garrett, K, and Harrison, M. Escitalopram-associated acute urinary retention. Consult Pharm 2013;28:661-669.
- Podium Presentation: “Tramadol and chemical dependence- Can it lead to continued dependence?”American College of Clinical Pharmacists Annual Meeting, October 22, 2012.
- Poster Presentation, An Interprofessional Model using medical Residents and Pharmacy Students: The Effects on Diabetes Education. AACP Annual Meeting and Seminars, July-15-16, 2012,
- Peer Reviewer. Consultant Pharmacist Journal
- Chapter Reviewer, Handbook of Non Prescription Drugs, 2013
- Ambulatory Care Self-Assessment Program Book 1 (Endocrinology/Rheumatology), 2013
- Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Allied Services Rehabilitation Hospital
Selected Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Faculty, Nesbitt School of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy and Nursing, Wilkes University, 2006.