Wilkes University

Types of Financial Aid


Students who are offered Wilkes University scholarships will be eligible to receive them each academic year provided the student is making satisfactory academic progress. They are divided evenly between the fall and spring semesters (unless otherwise stated) and are not available at the graduate level for non-Pharmacy students.. Students who will complete their undergraduate degree in less than 4 years (or 8 academic semesters which are comprised of fall and spring) will then forfeit the remainder of any scholarships funds offered during the admission and/or financial aid process. Scholarships will not exceed ½ of the annual amount offered when it is allocated in one semester.


  • All students applying for federal, state, and Wilkes grants must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • The FAFSA must be submitted for each academic year that the student would like to be considered for grants.
  • Find a complete listing of grants offered through the federal and state governments at Wilkes University.

Private/Outside Scholarships

If the student anticipates receipt of a private/outside scholarship that is not already listed on the invoice and/or the financial aid information on the student portal,the student should provide the information to the Bursar's Office immediately. Please note that Wilkes University reserves the right to adjust Wilkes University funds based upon the amount of the scholarship regardless of the timing of the notification.


  • All students applying for federal loans must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • For a complete listing of all the federal loan programs, please visit the federal student aid website for more information.

Private Educational Loans

If you already have a relationship with a bank or lending agency, please feel free to explore that option. Students and families who wish to explore alternative loan options can do so at ELMSelect. Wilkes University does not endorse any particular outside lender but does provide information through Elm Select of lenders that families have used in the past plus other companies that can offer financial assistance.

Student Employment

  • All students applying for federal and state work-study programs must first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • When a student participates in the federal or state work-study program, he/she will receive a paycheck for hours work. These funds are not deducted from the student's balance due to the University.
  • Find out more on the student employment opportunities available.