The Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISS) is part of the Office
of Global Engagement. It works with units across campus to provide these services
to international students who come to the U.S. to study:
- Immigration and visa information assistance both before and after coming to Wilkes
- Advice on academic, cultural, and personal issues.
- Liaison between students and other offices and departments on campus
- Collaboration with a variety of offices and constituencies, including U.S. and foreign government agencies, other campus offices and departments, and the community,
- Assistance with processes and offices outside of Wilkes University such as the DMV and Social Security Office.
A mandatory international student orientation is held every semester for new International students. Students are guided through topics such as
- Adjusting to life in the United States
- Adjusting to the American educational system.
- Resources available to them at Wilkes University
For more information contact
Crystal Cool, Assistant Director of International Student and Scholar Services/Immigration Specialist, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cathy Lee Arcuino, Executive Director, Global Engagement (email@example.com)
MaryEllen McLean, Assistant, International Student Services, (firstname.lastname@example.org)