The Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISS) is part of the Center
for Global Education & Diversity. It works with units across campus to provide these
services to international students who come to the U.S. to study:
- Immigration and visa information assistance both before and after coming to Wilkes
- Advice on academic, cultural, and personal issues.
- Liaison between students and other offices and departments on campus
- Collaboration with a variety of offices and constituencies, including U.S. and foreign government agencies, other campus offices and departments, and the community,
- Assistance with processes and offices outside of Wilkes University such as the DMV and Social Security Office.
A mandatory international student orientation is held every semester for new International students. Students are guided through topics such as
- Adjusting to life in the United States
- Adjusting to the American educational system.
- Resources available to them at Wilkes University
For more information contact
Crystal Cool, Assistant Director of International Student and Scholar Services/Immigration Specialist, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cathy Lee Arcuino, Executive Director, Global Engagement (email@example.com)
MaryEllen McLean, Assistant, International Student Services, (firstname.lastname@example.org)