Spring 2022 Reporting
Wilkes University’s COVID-19 Dashboard is intended to document suspected and confirmed cases of the virus among the campus community as well as the vaccination rate. The dashboard is updated twice daily, at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., and pulls data from multiple sources to track various metrics which help inform our decision making.
Students enrolled in our fully online undergraduate and graduate programs, who are not otherwise on campus, are excluded from this report as their distance from the campus eliminates their exposure to others within our student body. The report includes all employees who are being tested as reported to Human Resources.
For information on our surrounding community, visit COVID-19 Data for Pennsylvania and the COVID-19 Early Warning Monitoring System Dashboard from the Pennsylvania Dept. of Health. Users can sort this data by county and zip code.
For questions about this dashboard, please email email@example.com.
Important notes about spring 2022:
- Quarantine and isolation: As of Dec. 2021, the CDC has revised its quarantine and isolation guidance. Anyone testing positive for COVID-19 will isolate for at least five days. Quarantine requirements vary based on when/if you are vaccinated or have received a booster dose. Testing on the fifth day of isolation, quarantine or exposure is key. Please refer to the FAQs for details.
- Return testing: Data on return testing includes any students, faculty or staff who tested or returned
to campus as of Dec. 27, 2021. It also includes any students who remained on campus
during the holiday break. Return testing will continue to be calculated until a critical
mass of students and employees are back on campus.
- Please note that most studentd and employees will not return until Jan. 31; therefore, they cannot submit test results prior to Jan. 26. Students and employees have been encouraged to upload any positive test results received over winter break to keep the University informed of their status.
- Vaccination rates: The vaccination rates in the chart below are representative of all those in the Wilkes community who anticipate a presence on campus this semester. We are now reporting the percentage of those boosted who are eligible.
- Assurance testing: The total number of tests taken (and the results) include unvaccinated students, faculty and staff who are tested as part of the assurance testing program. Please note that unvaccinated student-athletes will be tested multiple times a week, per NCAA guidance.
At this time, the University is primarily conducting return testing. Please refer to the return testing section for the most recent data. The "cumulative student tests" section will be live once face-to-face classes are underway.