- 2016 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- 2015 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- 2014 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime and Fire Statistics
In compliance with Act 73 of 1988 of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Federal Right-to-Know Campus Security Act, the Office of Public Safety and the University Service Center, in conjunction with many other departments at Wilkes University, prepare and distribute the "For Your Safety" annual safety and security report. Copies are given to annually to all part-time and full-time students, employees including contracted employees, and, upon request, to applicants to the University and others.
The annual safety and security report serves the following purposes:
- Shows how the University reports, investigates and handles crime and emergency situations on or near University property;
- Advises the University community of the many University resources that are available to assist in emergencies;
- Provides tips to mitigate threats to the safety of the University community;Provides other safety and security information to the University community so that informed decisions may be made; and
- Assure compliance with the requirements of the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, 20 USC 1092(f);
This annual report is published and released by October 1 of each year.
The University’s final crime statistics are compiled by the The Office of Public Safety and The University Service Center using crime definitions found in the FBI Uniform Crime Reporting Handbook. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, 20 USC 1092(f), the statistics for the three most recent calendar years include crimes that occurred:
- on Campus (any building or property owned or controlled by Wilkes University within the same reasonably contiguous geographic area and used by Wilkes University in direct support of, or in a manner related to, the University’s educational purposes, including residence halls and any building or property that is within or reasonably contiguous to the area identified above that is owned by the University but controlled by another person, is frequently used by Wilkes students and supports institutional purposes);
- on non-campus buildings or property (any building or property owned or controlled by a student organization that is officially recognized by the institution or any building or property owned or controlled by an institution that is used in direct support of, or in relation to the University’s educational purposes, is frequently used by students, and is not within the same reasonably contiguous geographic area of the University); and
- on public property (all public property, including thoroughfares, streets, sidewalks, and parking facilities, that is within the campus, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus) that are reported to a campus safety and security authority, as defined in the Act, or to local police agencies.
This report is available in hard copy upon request, during normal business hours, at the Department of Public Safety, 148 South Main Street, Public Safety Desk; the Office of Admissions, Chase Hall, Reception Area; and the Office of Student Affairs, Conyngham Hall, Reception Area.