Office: Stark Learning Center
Jon D. Ference
Jon joined the Department of Pharmacy Practice in 2008 and teaches in the areas of cardiovascular therapeutics, women’s health and Information Mastery. He also coordinates the PHA 401 Pharmaceutical Care Lab Clinical Skills Series. Jon also serves as the Director of Pharmacotherapy Education at the Wright Center for Graduate Medical Education - Family Medicine Residency Program, where he also provides patient care in the hospital, outpatient clinic, and nursing homes.
Education and Training
- University of Oklahoma Faculty Leadership Fellowship Program
- Fellow 2006 – 2007
- Family Medicine Specialty Pharmacy Resident 2003-2004
- UPMC St. Margaret and University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy
- Family Medicine Faculty Development Fellowship Program 2003-2004
- UPMC St. Margaret Family Medicine Residency Program
- Doctorate of Pharmacy, Magna Cum Laude, awarded May, 2003
- Nesbitt School of Pharmacy at Wilkes University
Certificates and Certifications
- ·Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist - 306008227
- Pennsylvania Registered Pharmacist - RP433804
- Pennsylvania Certified Pharmacist Immunizer
- PHA 542 – Advanced Information Mastery Elective
- PHA 526 – Pharmacotherapeutics X: Endocrine Disorders and Bullet 3
- PHA 523 - Pharmacotherapeutics VII: Cardiovascular disorders
- PHA 401 – Pharmaceutical Care lab II
- Allan GM, Ference JD. ASA after warfarin for unprovoked VTD: does the little clot fighter make sense? Alberta College of Family Physicians Tools for Practice 2013-08-19: No. 93.
- Ference KA, Ference JD. Chapter 16: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary and Asthma. In: Reinhold JA, Earl GL. Clinical Therapeutics Primer: Link to the Evidence for the Ambulatory Care Pharmacist. 1st edition. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 2013Bullet 3
- Olenak JL., Ference J. Chapter 46: Connective Tissue Disorders. In: Koda-Kimble, et al. Applied Therapeutics. 10th edition. Phildelphia,PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2013: 1054-1065.
- Last AR, Ference JD, Falleroni J. Pharmacologic treatment of hyperlipidemia. Am Fam Physician. 2011 Sep 1;84(5):551-558.
- Gross G, Ference JD. Pharmaceutical representative rounds: Teaching resident physician-pharmaceutical representative interactions. Osteopathic Family Physician 2011;3:123-26.
- FerenceJD . STEPS approach allows patients to participate in decision-making [Letter]. Am Fam Physician 2011;83(1):8
- Ference JD, Donnelly A. Hyperlipidemia. In: Ebell MH, Ferenchick G, Smith M, Barry H, Slawson D, Shaughnessy A, Forsch R, Li S, Wilkes M, Usatine R, eds. Essential Evidence. John Wiley & Sons: Hoboken, NJ, 2009..
- Ference JD . Digoxin Toxicity. In: Ebell MH, Ferenchick G, Smith M, Barry H, Slawson D, Shaughnessy A, Forsch R, Li S, Wilkes M, Usatine R, eds. Essential Evidence. John Wiley & Sons: Hoboken, NJ, 2009.
- Crosby K, Ference JD. Coronary artery disease. In:. Goode J, Roman LM, Weitzel KW, eds. Community Pharmacy Practice Case Studies. 1 st ed. Washington, DC:American Pharmacists Association;2009:24:1-3.
- Ference JD , Last AR. Choosing topical corticosteroids. Am Fam Physician 2009;79:135-140.
- Ference JD, Medina MS. Modifying a traditional course for the PharmD curriculum [Letter]. Am J Pharm Educ 2008;72(5): Article 122
- Last AR, Ference JD. Constipation. In: Mengel MB, Schweibert LP, editors. Ambulatory medicine: The primary care of families 5th Edition. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2009:71-6.
- Ference J. Strategies for keeping up with the literature: A walk in the fields. Pharmacy Today April 2008;42-43.
- Wilkes University Institutional Review Board, Chair: 2012 - present
- Wilkes University Faculty Affairs Council: 2011 - present
- Wilkes-Barre General Hospital Institutional Review Board: 2010 - present
- Wilkes University School of Pharmacy Curriculum Committee, Chair: 2009 - 2010
Selected Honors and Awards
- 2013 Wilkes University, Nesbitt School of Pharmacy P-3 Class Teacher of the Year Award
- 2012 Wilkes University, Nesbitt School of Pharmacy P-3 Class Teacher of the Year Award
- 2011 Wilkes University, Nesbitt School of Pharmacy P-3 Class Teacher of the Year Award
- 2010 Wilkes University, Nesbitt School of Pharmacy Teacher of the Year Award
- 2010 Wilkes University, Nesbitt School of Pharmacy P-3 Class Teacher of the Year Award
- 2009 Wilkes University, Nesbitt School of Pharmacy Teacher of the Year Award
- 2009 Wilkes University, Nesbitt School of Pharmacy P-3 Class Teacher of the Year Award
- 2008 University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy Roche Preceptor of the Year Award