Auditions: The Who's Tommy
Auditions for Wilkes University Theatre's performance of The Who's Tommy will be held on August 30th
8/30/2011 6:30:00 PM-
What: Auditions for The Who's Tommy
When: August 30th
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Where: Darte Center - Dorothy Dickson Darte Stage
Open to: All Wilkes University Students
Pete Townshend’s tale of a young boy’s journey from pain to enlightenment is the most electrifying evening of rock and roll ever to play in a theatre!
Synopsis: After witnessing a murder, Tommy is traumatized into a hysterical state of catatonia. While in his inner world, he contacts a part of himself that most people rarely touch. His inner life is full of “amazing journeys” while his outer life is filled with abuse at the hands of his sadistic relatives and neighbors. Discovered to have an uncanny knack for playing pinball, Tommy becomes a celebrity, breaks through his personal walls and becomes an international pinball superstar.
- Vocal Auditions only.
- Call backs for dance and acting MAY be scheduled for August 31st if necessary
- Please bring sheet music for a song of your choice
- If your choice is not from the show, the musical director may ask you to learn and sing a bit from "Tommy".
- All characters from the show can be played in many different ways, so we encourage you to audition for a number of roles.
- Nov. 11, 12, 18, 19 at 8 p.m.
- Nov. 13 and 20 at 2 p.m.
For more information, call the Darte Center at 570-408-4420.
For audition information for "Almost Maine" on August 31st, click here.